Chapter 10 - Frustrating

Brandon Lemiere

I knocked on Priscilla's door and there's no answer. I opened the door slowly and found her sleeping on the top of her books. It's lunch time and she's sleeping after reading. I walked inside planning to wake her up and ask her to go have lunch with me. When I walked closer to her, I saw her sweating crazily and my eyes widen.

"Priscilla.. Priscilla." I moved her body and she woke up instantly. She looked pale and she looked around.

"You okay? You're sweating crazily."

"I'm fine." She said and she got up from her seat. "Do you need anything?" She asked as she tried to close all the medical books.

"Have lunch with me." I said and she turned to me.

"Brandon, I beg you please don't ask me to do something with you outside of work." She said and I raised my eyebrows.

"We're eating lunch not kissing or things like that."

"I beg you.. Can you respect me as a person? I'm your secretary and that's it. I will work professionally from now on and please don't ask me to do something with you outside of work hours." She said in a serious tone.

"Is it because the things that I said yesterday?" I asked and she shook her head.

"Then what?"

"It's called privacy, Mr. Lemiere."

"We're just eating lunch, Priscilla. What the fuck is wrong with that? You won't fall in love with me or the other way." I said completely frustrated.

"I'm here to work so I can get my school fees. So.. get the memo?" She said coldly and that made me piss. I'm just being nice. What's wrong with this woman? I walked out from her office and called Axel and Andrew for lunch.

"Fine! I won't care about you anymore! Geez.." I hissed while looking at her office. I walked towards the lift and pressed the button.

"Hey Brandie." I turned to see Scarlette.

"Hey."

"What's with the face?"

"Just not in the mood, going to see Matthew?"

"Nah.. He's busy."

"Busy my ass, he always find excuses to see you." I hissed and she chuckled.

"I'm going to buy myself a coffee.. I'm sleepy."

"I have a question.."

"Ask then."

"Are girls.. easily fall in love?"

"Uhmm not everyone. Some girls yeah.. That's why sometimes girls who easily fall in love tend to push boys away." She said just the right line.

"Oh really?"

"Yeah. Why? You have a crush on someone?" She asked.

"Nah.. Just someone I know." I answered and at the same time the door lift opens. We walked inside and pressed the L button.

"Have you ever read book that has a love story that.. uhmmm pretending to have a relationship and then fall in love?" I asked in an awkward tone.

"Yeah, that always happens. Always happens and they always have happy endings." She said and I raised my eyebrows.

"Happy endings?"

"Yeah, they both fall in love with each other." She said and I nodded. Suddenly the lift stopped at the 7th floor, the door opened revealing Matthew. He landed his eyes on Scarlette right away, he smirked.

"Fancy seeing my girlfriend here.. Where are you going?"

"Have lunch with me." I said and Matthew turned to me disbelief.

"You're aski-"

"Don't give him that tone." Scarlette smacked Matthew's arm making him groan.

"I'm buying a coffee because I'm sleepy, you jealous man."

"And I'm having lunch with Axel and Andrew." I said.

"Good.. Good.. Nice." He patted my shoulder and we got out from the lift.

"Bye, Brandon. See you later on."

"Yeah bye.." I smiled and winked at her. My brother glared at me and I chuckled. I walked out the building and asked the valet chauffer to get my car. As soon as it arrived, I got in and drove out from the building. Going to our usual restaurant because it's the best for lunch menu.

When I arrived there, Andrew arrived too. We walked in and found Axel already waiting for us with Stella. I don't mind if Stella's joining us. She's fun to be with and really a cool type of woman.

"Hey.." I greeted and hugged them both.

"So how's Priscilla working there?"

"Can we not mention her here? She's piss me off lately." I said truthfully.

"Wowow.. Easy Brandie, did she do something wrong?"

"Priscilla?" Axel asked.

"She's in same class as me and she's Brandon's highschool friend." Stella answered and I sighed. I looked at the menu and decided to go for double bacon burger. The others order their food too.

"I met Lisa again."

"Lisa? How was she?" Andrew asked.

"Happy."

"You don't like seeing her happy?" Stella asked.

"No.. I just want to proof that I have move on and just happy with my life too."

"That's good." Andrew patted my shoulder.

"So what proof did you give?" Axel asked.

"Told her that me and Priscilla are going to get married." I said and Stella's eyes widen. They looked at me disbelief.

"You did what?" Axel asked again.

"I told her and me and Priscilla will get married." I said repeating it again.

"You nuts!" Stella said.

"She's inviting me with Priscilla to her son's birthday party."

"Did you tell Priscilla?" Andrew asked.

"Yeah and she.. uhm.. hate it."

"Of course, if I'm in that situation.. I will hate it too." Stella said.

"I asked her to help me but she said no because she's afraid that she will fall in love with me like all the books she had read. That's stupid.. I convince her but still not working." I said like it was nothing and I felt Stella glaring at me.

"Me and Axel were like that.. and look at us now."

"I was just agree helping her so she can get into medical school and I ended up falling in love with her." Axel said.

"Funny.. That's stupid."

"But she's right. It's better to prevent it.. We girls are fragile. Sometimes boys are idiots to realize that."

"Hey!" Axel and Andrew said in unison.

"But I need her help."

"You can't force her, Brandon. It's her choice.. Find someone else."

"But I told Lisa about it."

"Don't come to her son's birthday party." Andrew said.

"Make excuses." Axel added.

"But I want to see her!"

"She's married dude.. She won't go back to your arms." Andrew said and I sighed.

"Make an excuse.. and don't go." Stella said.

"This is frustrating."