Chapter 16 - Friends

Priscilla Cason

"Thankyou for listening." I said to Brandon.

"Don't stop working with me." He said and I shook my head.

"I'm sorry, I want to quit."

"Tell me why? Why do you want to quit?"

"I don't want you to pity me, besides I want to work at-"

"I want you on my radar." He said and I turned to him.

"What?"

"I don't want you to do reckless things again, Priscilla. You're working with me and I will give you a big salary."

"I don't want you to pity me, Brandon. Just because you know my background, I don-"

"Fine. Fine. Gosh woman! Still please.. work with me. Don't stop until you go back to your school." She said and I sighed. I don't want it.. I know what will happen.

"I- I- I don't want to work with you."

"Why? Because you told me your story? I won't talk about it anymore. I will forget it like you never told me." He said seriously and I shook my head.

"I don't want to fall in love with you." I said truthfully.

"What's wrong with that?" He asked and I sighed big time.

"I will transfer the money back tomorrow morning. I will get back to work on Monday but promise me that you will never talk about this again and promise me that we will work professionally. We only meet and talk for work.. there's no talking outside work." I said and waiting for him to answer.

"Okay deal." He nodded. After that we both stay silent..

"Thankyou.. Brandon."

"You shouldn't keep this alone."

"I'm a woman. I felt disgusted.. how can you not? No one will want you again."

"You will meet someone.. Don't worry." He smiled.

"I hope so."

"Living as the 7 Gold Lifes' kids was not easy too. People always say that we're lucky to be born with a smart brain, handsome or pretty face, rich and come from a great family. Well.. people only know the outside part of our life." He said and I raised my eyebrows.

"You have a perfect life, Brandon."

"Not perfect.. Tons of people want to kill us everyday."

"What?" I asked him disbelief.

"The 7 Gold Lifes worked hard to build the empire that they have now. It was not easy because my dad was the one who built everything first. His family background were all killed and if we let out guard down.. we will end up like my dad's family."

"So we have to train.. learn everything and can't mingle with random people or be friend with random people. We always get their background check. We can't even go to a usual and random club.. We can't meet random people.. That's why we only have each other or a small amount of friends to be and play with. There's a lot of people out there.. looking for us to let our guard down to kill us." He said and that was shocking.

"A guy like me and the others are all jealous with other people. They can live their ordinary life without worrying they will die because people are hunting them. I have to deal with that everyday. I guess.. not all people are perfect."

"No one's perfect, Brandon." I said and he nodded.

"Well.. I guess we both aren't." He said and I chuckled. I turned to him and looked at him straight to his eyes.

"Thankyou.. for listening.."

"If you need anything, tell me. I will help you." He smiled and I looked away. I don't want to fall in love with him.. please. Seeing him smile.. already gave my heart a vibration.

"How did you know?" I asked and waited for him to answer.

"You left your phone..earlier. Someone called you with the caller ID 'Never Pick This Up' and I picked it up. He wanted you to be at his place and will pay you 5.000$."

"Jack." I hissed and sighed.

"He knew my place and I will have to deal wit-"

"Move to my apartment then." He cut me.

"What? No! I told you that I don't want you to pity me!" I said coldly.

"It's for your own safety. I'm your friend remember?"

"Then treat me as a friend! Don't try to treat me more than a friend!"

"Gosh Priscilla, I won't fall in love with you or you will fall in love with me. I'm just helping you.. I don't have any other intension." He said frustrated.

"Then stop giving help.. Listening to me is enough"

"Okay fine. I'll stop here." He said and I chuckled. I turned to him and looked at him smiling. He raised his eyebrows.

"What?" He asked.

"Who would ever thought that you're a really great man?" I said and he was speechless. He was going to say something but he didn't.

"You know.. you will find a girl better than Lisa who will love you endlessly. She will love you more than you love her. A great man like you will get a great girl too.. Don't worry. Everything happens for a reason so.. yeah." I said to him and then I turned my head back to the front.

"Same goes for you." He said.

"Even someone want to be with me, I don't think I want to be with him. I don't deserve him.. a girl who sold herself to men for money."

"What if the guy loves you just the way you are? Past is just past.."

"No. There's no such thing as like that. I'm done with relationship and hoping someone will accept me just the way I am." I laughed dryly.

"Promise me something.." He suddenly said and I turned to him.

"Promise you what?"

"If someone come into your life and he wants to accept you just the way you are.. you will accept them." He stated and I shook my head.

"No one will want this.. a slut.. a bitch.. a whore.."

"You were like that because you have your reason not because you want to. I understand the situation you had.. how come your future guy can't understand that?" He bursted.

"Why are you bursting?" I laughed.

"I'm frustrated because of you."

"Don't be frustrated.." I said and I felt my body weak again. I'm sick since earlier.. add the rain and the frustration that I'm in. Gosh.. I need a lot of rest.

"Can you take me home? I'm sick." I stated.

"Right.. you are." He put his hand on my forehead.

"Shit!"

"Yeah shit.. I know."

"Just sleep.. I'll wake you up when we get there." He said and I nodded. I closed my eyes when suddenly I felt he set my seat back so I can sleep comfortably.

"I wish I was there when you're alone and sad.." I heard him saying. My heart crunched.. Don't fall in love with Brandon.. Don't fall in love with him..

I kept saying that to myself even though I know my heart is starting to betray me. I already know how my heart will end up.. I will end up falling crazily in love with him.