Chapter 24 - Be Selfish

Priscilla Cason

I walked towards the beach alone since Brandon is still taking a bath. I can't stop admiring the beautiful beach and sea. It's almost sunset too so.. the sun is slowly going down. I took out my phone and took a couple of photos of the sunset.

"Beautiful, isn't it?" I jumped a little and turned to see one of the staff who helped us earlier.

"Yes, it's so beautiful." I answered.

"I'm glad that Mr. Lemiere found a really nice and kind girl to be with. I'm always worried.."

"Worried?" I asked her and glanced to see her name on her t-shirt. Her name is Lara.

"Yes, Mr. Lemiere is a little bit childish sometimes but he's the nicest out of the 3." She said and I chuckled.

"I admitted his childishness but for the nicest part.. Matthew is nice too."

"All of them are nice, but the most caring one is Brandon. He always care for people like us the most. I mean.. the others do care but Brandon is the most special one. He always buy us something and share almost everything with us." I found myself smiling hearing that.

"How long have you been working for the Lemiere?"

"I used to baby sit the kids with Mrs. Lemiere after they're all grown up.. Mrs. Lemiere asked me what kind of work that I want or I can work at their private island as a manager and I choose to be here.." She said and I smiled.

"They're really nice."

"Yes, they are. That's why we all their staff love them because they respect us and give us what we deserve." She said.

"So can you tell me about little Brandon? Oh right! I'm Priscilla."

"I'm Lara and about the little Brandon.. He's a one naughty boy, he loves to bully his sister and brothers but he's the most caring one to us. He loves to buy us his favorite chocolate bread with his pocket money and share it with everybody except his siblings.. he said that his siblings have enough chocolate bread already." That made me smile big time, Little Brandon is just so cute. I can imagine him carrying a lot of chocolate bread around and share it to people.

"Lara?" We both turned to Brandon. He smiled widely and hugged her.

"Don't squeeze me like that.. I'm old and I need to breath." Lara said

"How are you? I was looking for you when we arrived but John said that you're currently cooking so.."

"Yeah.. I was trying to cook a new recipe so.. but here I am."

"I see you met my girlfriend." Uh? Girlfriend?"

"I'm n-" He shut my mouth and smiled widely to Lara.

"What do you want for dinner?" Lara asked the both of us.

"You know my favorite.. can you make that for me?" Brandon asked and she nodded chuckling.

"Thankyou Lara, you're the best."

"You know I am.. Have fun." She smiled and left. I turned to Brandon glaring.

"Girlfriend? Since when?"

"That second ealier." He smiled cheekly and I turned my head back to the sea. Now it's the real sunset.. I took out my phone and took a lot of picture when suddenly Brandon took my phone away from me.

"Let's take a picture together." He said as he pulled me close to him. I smiled to the camera and he took a few pictures with it. He gave my phone back to me and when I looked back to the sunset.. it almost gone.

"Thankyou for bringing me here.. no no correction.. more like kidnapping me here." I said without looking at him.

"Welcome.. so you agree?"

"Agree on what?"

"Girlfriend?" He asked and I turned my head to him.

"How romantic.." I said sarcasticly and he held my hand.

"You know I'm serious.." He said and I smiled. I pulled him closer to the water and then sat down on the sand. I gestured him to sit down next to me.

"Let's ask each other questions to know each other more.. We can't date without knowing each other right?" I asked and he chuckled nodding.

"Summer or winter?" I asked.

"Summer.. as always.. I hate winter. So fall or spring?" He asked and I smiled.

"I love fall especially if it's raining. It's perfect for cuddling."

"Cuddling?"

"What? What's wrong with cuddling?" I raised my eyebrows.

"Nothing.. you're just so cute."

"Can you eat spicy food?" I asked.

"Yeah I can.. How about you?"

"Me too.. Especially spicy ramen." I answered.

"No way! That's my favorite!"

"You're lying.."

"Why would I? Lara is currently making it right now.. along with Japanese curry.. that's my favorite."

"I know the best japanese restaurant in New York! I will take you there next time!" I said completely excited. After we talked a lot.. I know out a lot of things about Brandon now.

He loves chocolate a lot, he loves to race, he prefers hot places such as beach, desert than cold places like snow mountains and things like that. He loves japanese food and go to japanese restaurant 4 times a week. He doesn't like raw food so he never eats raw fish. He prefers showering at night so he doesn't need to shower again in the morning because he likes wake up late. He loves to ride horses and he has horse back in Tennessee named Acorn.

"Yes." I answered and he raised his eyebrows.

"Huh?"

"The answer to your question is yes.."

"Huh?" He asked and I smacked his head lightly. I got up completely annoyed by his stupidness.

"What question?" He asked and I ignored him. He caught my body by backhugging me and kissed my cheek.

"I'm kidding.. I know what you mean.."

"Dinner is ready love birds!" Lara called.

"Be there in 5 minutes." Brandon answered.

"Let's go.. I'm hungry." I said but he stopped me. He pointed at his lips and I shook my head.

"I hate you for being like this.."

"Oh come on.. You asked for the wifi password earlier with a kiss too.. now give me one more."

"Close your eyes.." I smirked and he looked at me suspiciously.

"I know what you're going to do so no.. I will have my eyes open widely.." I cupped his face and pulled him closed to me. I crashed my lips to his and kissed him passionately.

"Now let's go.." I said as I pushed him away from me. He caught my hand again and crashed his lips to mine.

This is the happiest moment in my entire life.. This is the first time for me that someone accept me for who I am. That someone loves and happy for me even though I have a really bad past..

Can I be happy? Do I deserve to be happy?

Brandon is just so sweet.. perfect but still.. he deserve someone better than me. Someone who's not dirty..

Can I be selfish this once if I say that I want Brandon?