Chapter 13 - Asshole

Priscilla Cason

"Do you want to play with Milan?" I looked up to see Lisa holding Milan. I nodded quickly and she put Milan on my lap. I held him and can't help but smile widely. He's the cutest.

"I'm so happy for you and Brandon." Lisa sat beside me and started the conversation.

"Thankyou." I smiled to her.

"So what have you been doing these days?" She asked.

"I'm currently studying to be a doctor."

"Oh my gosh! That's so great! You'll be a great doctor, I know it!" She said and I chuckled.

"Thanks." I said and I looked at Milan.

"You love kids, don't you?"

"I do.. a lot."

"How many kids do you want?" She suddenly asked and I chuckled.

"Three.. or two."

"You can make babies after you get married." She said and I smiled. That will never happen and I will never get married to Brandon or to anyone.

"So.. You were with Brandon right?" I asked and turned to her.

"Yeah."

"Why did you end things with him? I'm just curious.. Isn't he a type of guys that everygirls want? You left him when he wants to be with you." I asked in a really careful tone.

"Are you jealous?" She chuckled a little bit.

"A little." Lies.

"Well.. He is a type of man that everygirls want. Handsome, rich.. have everything but not for me. He's too perfect for me and I can't cope up with that. He loved me but he never care about me, Priscilla. He kept giving me things that I never needed when I only needed him to be there for me. He tried to be a good boyfriend but his actions a little bit too much and when I talked to him about it.. He was mad and instead of fixing it, he made it worst so.. I ended things because I'm not happy anymore." She answered and I nodded.

"Don't be jealous, he's going to marry you. He loves you and we just had those relationship in the past." She said and I chuckled a little bit.

"I'm so happy to see you again with you having this small cute happy family." I said sincerely and smiled to her.

"It was not easy at first but it all work out."

"Yeah."

"I think they got a long well.." Lisa said and I turned my head towards Brandon and Stephen.

"Stephen is a really nice guy."

"He wasn't at first, he was a drug addict." My eyes widen and I turned to her.

"Not just drug addict but he was a drug dealer."

"Why did you marry him? He's bad and he might turn bad again." I said disbelief and that made Lisa smile.

"No one's perfect, Priscilla. He was broken and he was trying to fix himself when we met. He's a really nice and kind guy after I spent a lot of time with him. We can't judge the book by it's cover. He's just broken because he's hanging out with the wrong people. He wanted to change and I know that really want to change so I helped him and we fell in love on the way." She said as she set his eyes on him.

"You really love him, don't you?"

"He's the best, even though he was bad. But past is just past.. People change and no one's perfect." She was right but still..

"If you love someone, you will accept them as they are and love their flaws. Learn together and remind them everyday how you love them everyday." She added. Lisa is a really nice girl but she's not for Brandon. She's just right for Stephen.

"People told me that Stephen is the one who is lucky to have me but.. no.. I'm the lucky one to have him in my life."

"You need to be my mentor." I said and she chuckled.

"I learn a lot when I'm with him.. I become a better person everyday."

"You become a lot more mature."

"Of course.. with this little one too." Lisa touched Milan's cheek. Milan giggled in my arms and I made cute faces making him laugh more.

"You will be great mom and a doctor. Brandon is lucky to have you."

"I guess."

"Honey, can you help me to get the ice again? We're out of ice." Stephen asked.

"Will do!" Lisa ran inside and I held Milan up. I patted his back and found Brandon walking towards me. He sat beside me and sighed.

"You had a fun time with Lisa.. I envy you."

"We talked, that's all." I said and he nodded.

"What did you two talk about? Did you talk about me to her?" I turned to him disbelief.

"We talked about Milan, why would I talk about you to your ex?" I hissed. Suddenly Milan cried and my eyes widen. I got up and patted his back. I tried to move my body so he can calm down.

"Just give him to her mom." Brandon said and I ignored him. I kept doing what I'm doing and Milan calmed down.

"There there.." I patted his back gently.

"You're like his mom."

"I love kids and always want one." I answered.

"Then get married and have one." He said loudly and I kicked his leg.

"Dumb." I hissed. Lisa came back to me and I gave her Milan back.

"He cried earlier, did he?"

"Yeah.. a little."

"He's a little hungry, thankyou for calming him down." Lisa smiled and I nodded.

"Welcome."

"Go eat and have a drink." She said and I nodded. She walked away as she kissed Milan's cheek. I smiled looking at it.. I always wanted to be a mom.

"Get me a drink." Brandon said and I ignored him. I got one for myself and sat back.

"Where's mine?"

"Get it yourself." I said and he took my drink.

"Brandon!" I turned to him disbelief and he smirked.

"Asshole."

"I know."