Chapter 27 - No Words Needed

Priscilla Cason

I walked into the ballroom and looked around to find Brandon. He's already here first straight from the airport because he had work in Miami. I told him that I have some project that I need to finish so I will come late.

I walked in more and found Brandon but he's currently talking to 5 people so I decided not to disturb him. I took a glass of champagne and looked around. There's a lot of people here.. and everyone was talking with others.

"So you're Brandon's girlfriend?" I turned to see a woman in her 30s. She was drinking her champagne too and she looked at me with this arrogant eyes.

"Yes and who are you?" I asked in a nice tone and put my hand in front of her to shake my hand.

"I'm Maria from the Prance Diamond and Jewelry." She said and ignored my nice gesture. I put down my hand and decided to walk away.. but suddenly she held my arm.

"Aren't you ashame? You're dating Brandon Lemiere, the man that everygirl wants. Did you catch a spell on him or something? You were a slut, a whore, a hoe and the list goes on.. aren't you ashame standing next to him?" She said in a really cold tone and that words stabbed me. I was going to cry but I don't want to cry in public..

She was right about it and I do still have the insecurity about my past.

"Ms. Robert, aren't you ashame for selling your body to the politicians so you can get an easy access to rich people? You should see yourself first before judging people." My eyes widen when I see Nicholas Lemiere standing beside me.

"You should let Ms. Cason go or you will feel my wrath.." He added and Maria let me go.

"Mr. Lemiere, aren't you ashame about this? You hav-"

"Just go.. Ms. Robert." Nicholas said coldly and Maria left me. I sighed big time when suddenly Nicholas gestured me to follow him outside.

"Mr. Lemiere.. thankyou for defending me back there. I understand if you don't want me to date your son-"

"Everyone has ups and downs, Priscilla. Just because you have a bad past it doesn't mean you're a bad person. You're a really great girlfriend for my son, I know that this is my first time talking to you and I admit that I looked up your background and have been watching you. I'm sorry for that but.. I'm just a dad and I want the best for my kids." He turned his body to me and smiled, "I know how it's like to be one the bottom.. building these empire wasn't easy and I did a lot of bad things in the past too so.. We can't judge people because of their past. You stopped now and I know you did that because you don't want to lose your mom. You only have her at that time and I will do the same thing if I'm in your position."

"Thankyou, Mr. Lemiere." I smiled.

"Be confident, Priscilla. Don't let people let you down.." He said and I looked up to him.

"Thankyou so much, Mr. Lemiere. Thankyou for letting me date your son."

"We're grateful to know that you're Brandon's girlfriend." I turned my head and saw Brandon's mom a.k.a Chloe Lemiere. She walked to Nicholas and linked her arm to him.

"Thankyou, Mrs. Lemiere."

"You should go.. Brandon is looking for you. He's waiting outside waiting for you." She smiled.