Chapter 17 - Trust Me?

Priscilla Cason

"Good morning, Mr. Lemiere. Today you have a meeting at Hilton Hotel at 3 p.m and tomorrow you will have a flight to New Zealand at 7." I said smiling widely. He walked towards the office quickly. He nodded weakly at my statement. There's a hint of panic on his face and that made me curious but I smacked my own cheek to get me back to reality.

It's been 2 weeks since I've seen him. He's been working at another division. You all know that The Lemiere has a lot of divisions and T I L E is one of the small divisions in Lemiere that Brandon handle so it's not weird to see him absent for 2 weeks.

He's been handling the oil division along with Matthew because I heard there's a big problem there that they need to settle. Even Nicholas himself taking care of it.

"Priscilla, I need you to help me." He said as he opened his office door. I nodded and walked towards his office.

"What do you want me to do?" I asked and he gave me a pile of file.. correction.. not a pile but a really big pile of files.

"I want you to find a contract between Lemiere and Vontos."

"You don't have the file? You can find it in the database."

"Apparently we have 2 different contracts. I got the file already but we added some point into it and clumsy me that I didn't put it into the database. It's around this year at Januari until March. That 3 months and in the file.. I wrote a lot of things.. please help me find it." He said in a really really panic tone and I nodded.

"Will do.. are you rushing it?"

"A little.. I need to go as soon as I get the file." He said and I nodded. I started from the Januari file and he started on March file. We both busy looking for file one by one until I found a contract but I don't know if this is the right contract. I got up from my seat and walked to Brandon.

"Is this the one?" I asked and he looked up to contract. He took file from my hand and looked at it seriously.

"Yeah that's the one." He said and I nodded. I helped him to put all the files into one again. I took all of it and planned to put it all on the shelf but it was too high and too heavy for me.

"Put it down and I'll put it back. It's too heavy." He said and I put everything down.

"You're coming with me to New Zealand tomorrow." He suddenly stated and I raised my eyebrows.

"But.. I'm your secretary at T I L E. You're going to New Zealand for other division." I said and he suddenly turned his head to me.

"I'm the boss here.. I take whoever I want." He said and I nodded weakly.

"Brandon.. I heard-" Dylan bursted the door and he stopped saying when he saw me.

"Good Afternoon, Mr. Lemiere." I smiled to him and then excused myself to go out from Brandon office. When I closed the door.. I heard..

"Are you nuts? We need Ali to go to New Zealand not Priscilla. She's your secretary here. She doesn't understand the case."

"Then you go to New Zealand by yourself.. I'm taking whoever I want." Brandon answered and I sighed. I felt like he's pitying me and I hate this feeling.

"This is not a joke.. I know you fancy that girl but this is too much." What?! Brandon fancy me?! I decided to leave before I hear too much and will end up thinking about it. I walked into my office and get my head back to work.

I was right..

Since the day that I told Brandon about my background, I kept thinking about him. I know where this will lead me to so I decided to put my attention to another thing. I tried to distract my head by doing something weird like cleaning the window 3 times a day.. mopping my room 5 times a day at the weekend.

Suddenly someone bursted my office door and I looked up to see Brandon.

"Do you need anything, Mr. Lemiere?" I asked as I got up from my seat.

"Have lunch with me." He said and I shook my head.

"I'm currently stressed about work and I need someone to be with and currently I don't want to be with my family." He said and I found myself noddinng my head. He listened to my story and understands me.. I think this is my time to get it back to him by listening to his story.

I took my bag and walked out from my office. I followed him to the lift silently. We entered the lift and I felt awkward suddenly. I think I'm the one who's being weird.

"Someone is trying to destroy my oil company, currently we're in crisis." He sighed and I turned to him.

"Who?"

"Vontos.. That's why after lunch I need to go to see him and get it all settle because if he keeps playing this game. Me and my family won't hesitate to destroy him to pieces." He said angrily.

"Do you know why he did that?" I asked.

"Why should I care?" He hissed. We walked out from the lift and waited for the valet chauffer to get his car.

"Everyone has their own reason, Brandon. He won't want to destroy your company without any reason so if he wants to do that.. it means he has a good reason for doing it." I said and turned my head to him. He turned his head to me and looked straight into my eyes.

"I don't care about things like that, Priscilla. We're in the business world.. we need to be tough and cruel. You can't run a company with that heart.. you will end up pitying a lot of people and get nothing from them." He said in a cold tone.

"So you're planning to destroy him?"

"Yeah because he's ruining my company."

"Let me come with you when you want to see him." I said and he let out a dry laugh.

"I know what you're going to do.. and I won't take you with me."

"Can you please trust me with this?" I asked and he raised his eyebrows.

"No."

"Asshole." I hissed loudly and at the same time his car arrived.

"I know." He answered and we got into the car.. going to have lunch together.