5- This Is Strange

I couldn't believe what the message said.

"Don't try to ignore me. I know you've been hanging with Liam lately, I saw the two of you leave Friday night at the party. I know him, he's one of my friends. Or at least, that's how I think of him. You don't know his past, so it's better if you just stay away from him. As I've stated previously, I do want you back. -B"

Wow. What nerve. As if he couldn't take a hint that I didn't want to talk to him, and I didn't want him back. I knew not to trust anything that came out of that guy's mouth or anything he sent me. But still, he knows Liam? Were they friends? I knew Liam didn't think of Blake as a friend anymore, but I wanted to know their history together.

Just then there was a knock at my door, and my mom stepped in. I knew what she was coming to talk to me about, but I decided to just let her talk. 

"Listen, honey, I know this is very upsetting, and I know you didn't want this to happen, but your father and I both agreed that this would be best for us." My mother and father agreed on something? Shocker.

"Your father is the one who's moving out, he found a nice little apartment that's a three-hour drive away from here. You'll go to stay every other weekend and on some holidays. We'll discuss the summer when we get to it." My mother continued.

"So you just made all these decisions without asking me about any of them?" This was my life, and I loved my dad. I couldn't imagine not being able to see him all the time, and that he'd be so far away.

"We didn't want to, but we couldn't think of another way." Right. More like you just wanted me all to yourself, and for me to barely have any time with my dad. But instead of saying anything, I just nodded and looked out my window. I wished Liam was there to squeeze my hand just then, to comfort me and tell me everything would turn out the way it should. 

My mom hugged me goodnight and left. I did love my mom, but I would miss my dad so much. I sighed. I guess I'll just have to find other ways to see him more. 

I checked my phone one last time and found one message from an unknown number. 

"Hey, just stay away from Liam. I know you think it's nothing, but he is mine. If you don't stay away from him then I'll have to intervene myself. Don't make me do that."

Huh. That's weird. Maybe they have the wrong number? But who else is really hanging around Liam beside the friends he's made here. Deciding not to make much of it yet, I put my phone away and went to sleep. Tomorrow was Sunday. Then school. Ugh. It isn't that I disliked school, I just disliked the fact that I had to get up. I like my sleep.

When I woke up there was a message from Liam, telling me to get ready because he's going to take me somewhere. He didn't say where, but I trusted him enough not to ask him. 

I got ready and pulled on black leggings with a maroon t-shirt. I tied my hair back into a ponytail so it was out of my face.

When I get downstairs Liam was talking with my mom about who knows what. He smiled when he saw me. When we got outside I noticed he hadn't driven his car, meaning he had walked. 

We walked in silence for a while before I asked,

"What were you and my mom talking about?" I didn't want to ask him anything about Blake. Not yet. This wasn't the right time. 

"I introduced myself, and told her that I went to your school, and how we keep running into each other." He winked like he just wanted me to worry that he had told my mom how clumsy and stupid I was.

"Please tell me you didn't tell her exactly how we ran into each other, since one of those times I had gotten drunk." I knew my mom would kill me if she found out I almost died. Liam just smiled and shook his head. I let out a sigh of relief.