13-A Christmas Special

Madi's POV

As I finally calmed down, I drifted back to sleep. As I sank further and further into my pillow, I began to dream. I dreamt about last year. Last Christmas. When our whole family was together. When we were all fine. Back when we weren't broken.

The Christmas of 2017. Our whole house was decorated with winter decorations. Each room with a different theme of color. There was Christmas music playing in the background. It could be heard all throughout the house, yet it wasn't too loud. It was beautiful. 

There had been a lovely snowstorm the night before, so we really had a white Christmas. It was the most magical day. The tree was decorated with colorful and white lights. There were about a million ornaments covering it from top to bottom. On the very top was a beautiful angel that seemed to be looking down and blessing our whole family.

In the morning we all had our own stockings to open. There were little trinkets, mints, gum, I even got a pair of fuzzy socks (which I love). We all loved what was inside. My mom made pancakes right after that, they were amazing. She made plain, chocolate chip, AND blueberry. 

Once breakfast was over, we went to open our presents. My favorite gift was a book, that I had wanted ever since the summer when it was announced that it was coming out. It was life letters. There were quotes and helpful paragraphs about life's many difficulties and heartbreaks. I loved it.

When all the gifts had been opened, and there was a whole lot of laughing, my brother stood up to make an announcement.

"I would just like to take this time to say, that I was accepted into college in Colorado." There had been silence. Complete silence. I don't think anyone could believe what Logan had just said.

There wasn't anything I could remember after that. All I know is that my mom started yelling at him.

"YOU'RE SERIOUSLY GOING TO GO ALL THE WAY TO COLORADO AND LEAVE YOUR WHOLE FAMILY BEHINd!!??"

That's when I jumped. I woke up. everything was so perfect that day. Then it had to be ruined. That's when all the arguing started. Between my brother and my mom, and my mom and dad. It all started with something that my brother said that my parents should've been proud of.

There were tears streaming down my face when I woke up. Liam immediately had his arms around me. That soothed me enough until I stopped crying and eventually fell back asleep.

---------------------------------------- 

Hey loves, today is Christmas so I thought it would be fun for Madison to reflect on her last Christmas before all this crazy stuff started happening in her life. I love you all very much, and I hope y'all have happy holidays!

-Purple