Prologue.

^^ As Cleopatra but then with lighter eyes and darker hair.

~~~~~

POV Cleopatra.

I winced as I got up from my bed. I walked to the bathroom and lifted up my shirt to see what my stepfather did to me last night. My ribs were bruised purple and red. I felt them and noted that one was broken. Luckily there was only a cut on my cheek so I didn't have to cover anything. He always makes sure to avoid my face so people won't ask questions.

My dark brown curls were a mess and my light brown, yellow-ish eyes were dull. I used to think that my hair would get like calm if I let it grow out. But instead it got wilder and it didn't fall down it went up somehow, surrounding my face with curls. I tamed my manes by braiding them to the side. My baby curls jumped up and I sighed, there is nothing I can do about them.

I washed my face and brushed my teeth before going back to my room. I quickly dressed myself in black jeans with a white knitted sweater. I shoved my feet in my black Nike Dualtone Racer Se shoes and grabbed my bag.

I tiptoed down the stairs and opened the front door. I heard my stepfather groan from the living room and my eyes widened as I darted out the door. I walked to school since it was only ten minutes away.

I entered school and was immediately hugged by my two best friends, Kitty and Bailey. I winced because they hurt my ribs but luckily it went unnoticed. I gently pushed them off because they know I don't like physical contact. "I can't believe you were sick for a whole week!" Kiki exclaimed, her hazel eyes glistened as her light blonde hair was tied in a ponytail.

While my parents were Colombian and Egyptian, she was Dutch. She moved here a year before I did. We became friends because she didn't want me to feel like a outsider. She stood up for me when the kids picked on me because of my Colombian accent when I spoke.

"I really don't believe she was sick, maybe she was on a small holiday." Bailey squints her eyes. "Don't you think so, Kat?"

"I honestly don't care, I'm just glad you're back." She smiles as they followed me to my locker. "I have so much to tell y-"

Kiki's sentence got cut off because I bumped into something hard. I regained my balance as whispers filled the hallway's silence. Things like 'She is done for.' and 'He is gonna kill her.' They scared the crap out of me and then even Kiki and Bailey took a step back.

"I'm really sorry." I said, my voice just above a whisper. The person didn't reply so I looked up, his 6'5 frame towered over my 5'8. Cold light grey eyes stared back at me and I shiver ran down my spine. The guy gave me a stiff nod and then walked around me.

"He is part of the things that I wanted to tell you about." Kiki walked next to me as we went to my locker. "We have three new guys and they are smoking hot!" Kiki exclaimed as she fanned herself.

"I don't care about these new guys." I shrugged as I dumped my books in my locker.

"You should, they are super bad âss and you should not mess with them. It's already a miracle that Ares didn't hurt you, he didn't even shout at you." Bailey said.

"Who the hell is Ares?" I asked, shutting my locker.

"The guy you just bumped into, he is the most dangerous out of the three. His name is Ares Castor King." Kiki said like it was the most obvious thing in the world. I didn't even want to know how she got his middle name. "Then you have Adonis, he is mysterious, smart and he rarely speaks. He has dark brown eyes with matching brown hair. I heard he is from Venezuela and Cuba."