30. "I don't want to leave."

POV Cleopatra.

It's been two weeks since Ares and I decided to give it a shot. Everything has been amazing and I didn't want it to end. But in two days, everyone was going back to Australia. Ares was in the kids' room, he wanted to tuck them in. I agreed but he didn't know that I was in the hallway, leaning against the wall next to the door.

"Daddy, I don't want you to leave." Florentia said, sadness clear in her voice.

"I know, chica." Ares sighed. "But daddy has to go back home and work. I can't stay here forever."

"But you told me that you're home is wherever mommy is." Cairo mumbled, causing my heart to skip a beat. "You told me you love mommy."

"I do, I do love her so much." Ares assured. "But she's is happy here and I all I want is for her to be happy. Even if I'm not here, she has you two."

"You're talking about mommy but what about us?" Florentia voice made me want to go in there and hold her tightly. "Don't you want to stay with us?"

"I do." Ares voice mumbled. "Maybe you guys can come visit once." He suggested. "You can see my house! It has five bedrooms, three bathrooms, a big living room and a huge yard with a pool."

"I want to visit!" Cairo exclaimed. "Maybe we can have a trampoline and then Florentia and I will have our own rooms."

"Sure."

"Will the rooms be next to each other?" I could practically hear the pout in Florentia's voice.

"Of course!" Cairo replied. "I still be right next to you."

"Let's not get too excited." Ares cut off their little moment. "You'll need mommy's permission of course."

"Alright." The two of them replied. "Goodnight."

"Goodnight, kids." Ares said and then came out the door. "Oh, hey." He smiled when he saw me.

"Ares." I said and he frowned at me. "I have to go see someone, but I'll be back."

"Cleopatra, it's already dark out." He mumbled. "Can't it wait?"

"No, I have to do it now." I shook my head. "I'll be back, I promise."

"Okay." He nodded before kissing my forehead. "I love you."

"I love you." I replied. I put on my shoes and left with a heavy heart. I didn't care that I was in leggings and a hoodie. Where I was going, no one cared how I looked.

~~~~~

"Cleopatra?" Ares voice asked from the living room when I stepped in.

"Yeah?" I replied as I went towards him. "Why are you still up? It's almost midnight."

"I was waiting for you." He ran his hand over his face. "Are you ready to go to bed?"

"Mhm." I nodded and went to my room. Ares walked past me, going towards the guest room. "Will you... sleep with me?" I asked quietly.

"Sure." He agreed and we went to my room. We got in the bed and he pulled me against him. We laid in silence for a few minutes until he spoke up again. "I really don't want to leave." He turned to face me.

"I know." I sighed.

"These past weeks felt like I was living on cloud nine." He laid on his side and I did the same.

"Ares, you love me right?" I asked and he sat up with a frown.

"Of course!" He nodded, leaning back on his arms. "You and the twins became my world in a short span of time!"