16. Under arrest.

POV Ares.

"Mom, have you seen Cleopatra?" I asked. I just showered and was wearing a hoodie with grey sweats. It was already 9 PM and usually Cleopatra would be watching tv with mom.

"She just took a shower so probably upstairs." She replied. I nodded and went up the stairs. I knocked on her door and opened it but she wasn't there. I frowned to myself and walked towards the bathroom.

I checked if the shower was running but it was silent so I just went. Cleopatra was laying on the floor, curled into a little ball. "What are you doing?" I questioned after I crouched down.

"It hurts so much." She whimpered. My eyes widened and I scanned her for injuries. Confusion took over my features when I didn't find any but then my gaze landed on her abdomen. She had her arms wrapped tightly around them so I concluded that she had period pains.

I looked at her once more and wished that I could just take the pain from her. I picked her up and carried her to her room. "Stay in here." I ordered and went downstairs. I sat on the kitchen counter and took out my phone. I opened Google and typed remedies for period pain.

"Tea, pain killers, cherry stone pillows, orgasms." I mumbled. I quickly made Apple and Cinnamon tea, grabbed medicine and one of those stone pillows. Mom used to use them but not anymore. After collecting everything, I went back up the stairs.

"Here you go." I placed the tea on her nightstand and handed her the pain killers with some water. She swallowed them. "I looked up a few things to relief the pain. I found that tea, warmth and pain killers help. Orgasms also help but I don't think you'd be comfortable with- nevermind." I quickly shook my head.

I helped the under the covers because she was shivering. "I'm still cold." She whispered. I swiftly took off my hoodie and helped her put it on. She took a sip from the tea. "It just hurts so much." She whimpered again.

"I know." I sighed, there's nothing much I can do for her. "Are you still cold?" I asked and she nodded in reply. I pulled the duvet back and laid down as well. My eyebrows went up in shock when she cuddled against my side. "Warm enough?" I asked.

"No." She pouted and then proceeded to climb on my lap. She curled up against my chest and I grabbed the cherry stone pillow, placing it on her abdomen gently. One of my hands held her legs in place and the other kept the pillow on her tummy. She let out a small sigh and closed her eyes.

I leaned back against the headboard and sighed in relief. Hopefully she won't feel pain if she's asleep. She's had enough pain for a life time already. Pain she didn't even deserve.

A small smile crept on my face when the image of her and mom dancing came back to me. My mother used to love dancing. She'd dance while cooking and even when she was just walking around. She'd suddenly turn around and break into a moonwalk or something.

Then there was Cyrus, he had taken an interest into Cleopatra. When she went to get mom, he was trying to provoke me and he succeeded. He told me that Cleopatra was quite to beauty, I couldn't agree more. But then he started talking about other things too, things he should not have said about her. So I punched him, of course he saw it coming and returned the hit but I didn't stop.

My dad even had the nerve to kick her out. And she obeyed, she was used to being submissive. Though I taught her how to fight because of what the guy at the party did to her. She was getting pretty good but she insisted on taking a break for a few. She didn't tell me why but I assume ot was because of the cast.

I was proud of her for not letting the bastard hit her more. Even more proud when I conviced her to talk to her father. I wanted her to bond with him and not be like me and my father. I wanted her to let him and Cara in more. Cara really wants Cleopatra to be her big sister. Without noticing my eyes fluttered shut and darkness took over.