8. Cast.

POV Cleopatra.

It's been two days since I moved in with Ares and Diana. I decided not to tell anyone and Ares agreed that it's probably the best.

"Cleo, are you okay?" Diana asked from the other side of the table. She was reading a book while I saw studying. It was 8 PM and Ares was at the boxing place. He had three fights scheduled for tonight.

"I've been having pains in my arm." I answered, trying to dismiss the subject.

"Come on." She said as she texted someone. "We're going to the hospital." She rolled towards the door and put on her scarf.

"What?!" I exclaimed, following her and locking the door behind me.

"You heard me." She stated. "We're gonna get that checked out."

~~~~~

"I told you." Diana tutted as we got back to the house. "It could've been even worse." The doctor said that it wasn't fractured but there was a small crack in the bone. Probably from when Louis threw me down the stairs. I had to wear a cast for a week since it already started healing. "Now, go and take a shower."

I nodded and went upstairs. I put a plastic bag over my cast. I turned on the shower, got behind the curtain and then realized that I couldn't even put shampoo on my hand. "Diana!" I called and waited, giving her the time to come up the stairs with the elevator thing. It was attached to the arm rest slash support thing on the wall.

"Yes dear?" She went in. "Let me guess, you can't wash your hair?" I hummed in response. "Come on, put on the robe and go to Ares' room."

I did as she said and fetched my undergarments, leggings and Ares' hoodie from the toilet lid. I went to Ares' room and saw Diana in his bathroom. She had filled up the bathtub and bubbles laid on the surface. "Hop in." She said as she covered her eyes. I pulled off the robe and stepped in, sighing in delight as my skin came in contact with the warm water.

"And now what?" I asked.

"Wet your hair." She ordered. I did so while she grabbed the shampoo. "Turn to me a bit." I did as she said again and she started to wash my hair. "You don't mind this right?" She asked, making sure I'm comfortable with it.

"It's fine." I shrugged. "You're a female as well and I'm covered by the bubbles anyway." I closed my eyes as she used the shower head to rinse out the shampoo.

"Can you do me a favor?" She asked when she was done. I turned to her and nodded. "Don't tell Ares about this." She motioned to the cast.

"Alright." I nodded. "I'll just wear sweaters and hoodies so he won't see it." I don't need to know her reason, I'm already living in her house. I owe her this much.

"Now finish up and then we'll watch a movie." She chirped as she rolled out. I struggled to dry off and put on my undergarments. I wiggled myself into the leggings before pulling Ares' hoodie over my head. I don't think he'll ever get it back again. I finished it off by putting all kinds of products in my hair. I shook my head trying to dry it a bit better.

When I got downstairs Diana already had snacks and drinks ready with the movie paused. "What are we watching?" I asked as I lifted her from her wheelchair. I placed her on the couch and sat next to her.

"Coco." She replied. "Lay down." She pulled me towards her. I laid my head on her lap and she ran her hand through my damp hair.

~~~~~

When we finished the movie it was 11.30 PM. I cleaned up the snacks and the drink while Diana got ready for bed. I quickly went upstairs and she smiled when I came to her room. "Are sure you can do it with your cast?" She asked concerned.

"I'm okay." I assured and lifted her. I gave her a smile after placing her in her bed. "Good night." I turned off the lights.

"Sweet dreams." She replied as I closed the door silently. I went downstairs again to do the dishes.

"God!" I shrieked, placing my hand over my heart. "Ares you scared me." I sighed.

"Sorry." He said sheepishly. He was in the kitchen already but I didn't hear the door open or him coming in.

"How did it go?" I asked, stepping closer to his tall frame. He lifted me up by my waist and placed me on the counter, next to sink.

"I won." He replied casually and I rolled my eyes. "Is that my hoodie?" He questioned while doing the dishes and I nodded. "Why didn't you give it back?"

"It's my pajama." I shrugged, playing with the sleeves. "And you didn't ask for it." I made sure that my cast was covered and observed him. His jaw was sharp and had a small stubble. His full lips reminded me of the time at the beach, I blushed and quickly moved on. His grey eyes were protected by dark lashes and eyebrows. At the end of his left eyebrow was a small heart shaped mole.

I pulled up the hood and covered my mouth when I yawned. "Does it smell nice?" He asked. I hummed and he smirked. Then I realized that I pretty much said that he smells good. I can't lie, I like the smell of his cologne.

"Did your opponents get any hits in?" I asked, successfully changing the subject. We didn't speak much be he took care of me and I would like to return the favor. Other than that he doesn't need to be bruised up badly.

"One of them got a couple." He dried off his hands before standing infront of me. Even though I was on the counter he was still taller. "One here." He pointed to his lips, a smal cut in his bottom lip. "About three or four here." He took off his shirt and showed me the bruises on the left side of his rib cage.

My hand reached out and he tensed when my cold fingers touched his warm skin. I added some pressure and he hissed while glaring at me. I gave him a sweet smile and moved my hand an inch before pressing down again. I repeated the action a couple times, fully aware of his eyes on me.

"He didn't break any ribs." I withdrew my hand, keeping my gaze on his toned torso for a few seconds. "But this one," I poked his ribs. "Is bruised badly." He nodded and helped me off the counter.

"It's late, you should sleep." He said before turning on his heel. I heard his cautious footsteps on the stairs, I knew that he was being quiet because of Diana.

I went to my room and sat down at the desk. I got up and walked to the bathroom. I locked the door and lifted up the hoodie. A small smile lingered on my lips when I saw that the bruises on my ribs were gone. The cut on my lower arm had healed and was replaced with a scar. I checked my legs for any injuries and my grin widened when I found none.

I skipped back to my room, singing softly. "Remember me, though I have to say goodbye. Remember me, don't let it make you cry." I took off my pants, the song from the movie stuck in my head. I laid down in the bed and got lost in my thoughts.

Ares knew that I had his hoodie but didn't demand it back. I can't wash my own hair and needed Diana to help me. This family was accepting me but I wasn't sure if I was ready to let them in and accept them. Even though they protected me and took me in. I sighed and closed my eyes.

Even though we live under the same roof, Ares and I barely talk. When we do, it's a small casual conversation about each other's wellbeing. Bailey hasn't spoked to me again and Achilles noticed a slight change in the behavior between Ares and I. He claims that Ares cares about me more than before. I don't see it but then again, maybe Achilles is lying.

My mind drifted back to Ares. I still hadn't figured out why he didn't want me to lie. Or why he calls me little lion. What emotions were in his eyes when I yelled at him. The guy is like a closed of book, sealed tight with a lock that has ten digits and a key.

I can't figure out what he is thinking, what he is feeling or things he likes. I can only find out things from experience and observations. I know he likes blueberries and raspberries, Diana told me that. He likes fighting, gaming and riding his motorcycle. He doesn't like people disrespecting him or the people he cares about. He'll do anything to please his mother and keep her out of harms way.