29. Rewrite.

POV Ares.

I woke up and checked my phone. I got a text from dad, he asked when I was coming home. I just turned swiped it away and got out of bed. I quickly put on some sweatpants. Adonis was kind enough to drop off a bag of clothes for me.

I walked out of the room and saw Cairo and Florentia sneaking out of their room. "Going somewhere?" I asked, leaning against the wall. The two of them jumped and turned around.

"We were just going to the kitchen daddy." Florentia smiled. "We woke up and wanted breakfast."

"What are you guys doing here?" Cleopatra asked, standing in the doorframe of her room.

"Mommy, can we go for a run?!" Cairo chirped.

"Sure thing, baby." She nodded. "Need help getting dressed?"

"We're okay." Florentia grinned. "Daddy, you coming?"

"Alright." I nodded. "Be back here in five." I went back to my room and changed into basketball shorts and a simple shirt. I brushed my teeth before checking on the kids. "You done?" I asked.

"Almost." Florentia said and grabbed her brush.

"Women." Cairo rolled his eyes.

"Cairo, your mother is a woman." I squatted down. "The woman that brought you into the world." He looked at me with big eyes as Cleo walked into the room. "The woman we both love very much." I whispered, making sure that she didn't hear me.

"You love-" he started to shout but I quickly placed my hand over his mouth. I wrapped my arm around him and carried him to Cleo's room.

"You are so NOT subtle." I said after putting him on the bed. "You almost told her!" I ran a hand through my hair. "Listen, chico." I kneeled down. "This is our little secret."

"Mommy doesn't like secrets." He mumbled.

"No, mommy doesn't like lies." I corrected. "So if you don't bring it up, you don't have to lie." I explained. "Secret, alright. No lies."

"Secret." He nodded.

"Let's go for that run." I said.

~~~~~

"Mommy!" Florentia panted after an hour. "No more!"

"I can't!" Cairo fell down to his butt.

"Alright, let's go home then." I picked him up. Cleopatra sighed and helped Florentia on her back. We walked back home in silence because the kids dozed off. When we got there, we put them to bed and I followed Cleopatra back downstairs.

POV Cleopatra.

I went to the kitchen and gulped down a glass of water. "I'm just gonna take a quick shower." I said, putting the glass in the sink.

"Mind if I join?" Ares smirked.

"Ares, no." I shook my head while he stepped closer, trapping me between him and the counter.

"But-"

"No." I cut him off.

"But-"

"No."

"But-"

"No."

"Booty." He placed his hands on my bum.

"Ares, stop it." I shook my head again, trying to grab his hands.

"Come on." He mumbled.

"No, I don't want to be used for sex again." I answered.