26. School.

POV Cleopatra.

I let out a small groan when my eyes opened. I looked at our position and smiled at my sleeping kids. Florentia was laying on Ares' chest while Cairo just leaned his head on it. Ares laid on his back, one arm wrapped around Cairo and the other around me.

"Ares." I mumbled while sitting up. "Wake up." I said but he didn't respond and neither did the kids. "Come on." I ran my hand through Cairo's hair. His eyes fluttered open and he gave me a smile. He started to wake Florentia up but Ares was still fast asleep. "Wake up." I whispered, running my hand through his hair. He turned his head to me with a lazy smile on his face.

"Morning." He said with a raspy morning voice. "What are we doing today?"

POV Ares.

"I'm off but the kids have to go to school." Cleo said, standing up out of my arms. She smiled and walked towards the bathroom. "I'll be out in a minute."

"It's okay. I got them." I said while standing up. I followed her inside the bathroom and she raised her eyebrow at me when I stepped closer. "You should just take your time." I said, trapping her between my arms and the sink.

"And why is that?" She asked, leaning back more. I observed her, her golden orbs, the small mole underneath her left eye. "Ares?" She snapped her fingers infront of my face and I looked back at her eyes. "Why should I take my time?"

"Come on, mami. We both know that you deserve it." I answered, staring in her eyes. "When was the last time you had some you time? Long shower or a movie night by yourself?" I asked but she kept silent. "I'll get the kids ready and when you're done, we'll take them to school." I told her.

"Fine." She nodded. "Thanks." She said and I leaned down a bit. I placed my lips on her forehead, letting them linger for a second. Before she could say anything, I pulled back and went out the door. I just couldn't help myself.

"Alright, let's get ready." I stated as I went to the bed. I picked up my kids and walked down the stairs. "What do you guys usually eat?"

"Cereal and yoghurt with blueberries and raspberries." Cairo chirped.

"You guys like berries?" I asked with a small smile.

"Yeah, but mommy hates them." Florentia replied. "Do you like them?" I made their breakfast and my own.

"I do." I grinned, handing them their bowls with a spoon. "I love them. Anything you guys love besides berries?" I asked. "Helloo?" I waved my hand when they didn't reply.

"Daddy, I'm eating." Florentia spoke up. "If I have food, I'm not gonna talk. I'm gonna be eating." She said, causing me to chuckle.

I ate my own breakfast before bringing them back upstairs. They brushed their teeth in Kitty's bathroom before running to their closet. "Where's Kitty?"

"Sometimes tía Kitty doesn't come home." Cairo answered. "We don't know where she goes." I nodded and helped them get dressed. Florentia wore a white skirt with a flower top and gladiator sandals.

Cairo insisted in wearing black jeans so he could play soccer. I agreed and also helped him into a red shirt. I tied the laces of his Vans before styling his hair.

"Daddy, when is mommy done?" Florentia asked. "I want to ask if she wants to braid my hair."

"I can braid your hair." I offered. She nodded and I sat down on the floor, letting her sit on my lap.

"Why do you know how to braid?" Florentia questioned while Cairo walked to their vanity like thing.

"My sister always wanted me and my brothers to play dress up with her." I chuckled.