10. Freedom.

POV Cleopatra.

I groaned because I felt a hand touching my face. I swatted it away and turned my head to the other side. "Little lion," Ares' voice chuckled amused. "I'm taking you to the hospital. We're gonna free you from that cast."

I just moaned and moved my head away from him again. "Come on." His fingers brushed my cheekbone down to my neck. I pushed down a shiver and opened my eyes with a smile. I jumped up and grabbed a shirt and jeans before dashing out. I ran to the bathroom and brushed my teeth before stripping.

"What time is it?" I asked as I walked back into my room. I changed into blue skinny jeans and a white top.

"Almost 12 PM." He replied and my eyes widened as I walked to my closet.

"I slept that long!?" I gasped as I put on a thick grey cardigan.

"It's fine, you needed it." He stated and grabbed my shoes. He chose the low black Vans and gently pushed me on the bed. He put on my shoes and tied the laces before letting me stand up.

"Thanks." I nodded at him and grabbed my phone along with my credit card and ID. I shouted a goodbye to Diana and then walked out the front door.

"What are you doing?" Ares asked confused when I noticed me walking down the sidewalk. "The garage is that way." He pointed back.

"It's only a fifteen minute walk." I shook my head. "Some fresh air will do you good." He groaned and trailed behind me, walking really slow. It bothered me but I didn't comment. I grinned when the hospital came into my view. I picked up my pace and rushed inside.

I went to the receptionist and he told me where to go. I went into the elevator, not bothering to wait for that slowpoke. I pressed the button and the doors started to close. I saw Ares round the corner, his body relaxed a bit when his eyes landed on me. But then a hard glare formed on his face and I cowered back as the door closed. I definitely should've waited for him.

The lift music annoyed me and I took out my phone. I sighed in relief when the bell rang, meaning I had reached the right floor. I walked out while tucking my phone in my back pocket. I bumped my head against something and I froze, recognizing the scent. I looked up and was welcomed by a cold glare.

Ares raised his hand and I flinched, closing my eyes and facing the floor. "I'm sorry, I'll be good. I promise." I mumbled. He let out a slow breath and I felt him grab my chin, pulling my head up to face him. I tried to blink the tears of fright away and his gaze softened when his eyes locked in mine.

I expected him to shout at me or something but he didn't the complete opposite. "Don't run away next time." He whispered. I blinked a few times and nodded.

"You're not gonna hit me?" I blurted out. Shock and hurt flashed through his eyes but he quickly covered it. "I'm sorry, I shouldn't have said that."

"Babygirl, I'll never hurt you." He said but it was almost like a whimper. "Like I said yesterday, I won't touch you in a bad way." I nodded again and a blush crept on my cheeks. He noticed and let out an amused chuckled.

"Cleopatra King?" A nurse called, Ares let go of my chin and I turned to her shocked. She was looking around and then her eyes land on Ares and I.

"Yeah?" I questioned, not sure if she meant me. I'm not a King, Ares is. I'm a Fakhry.

"Ah Mr and Mrs King, come on in." She opened the door more. "The doctor will be here in a minute." She chirped before reaching to close the door.

"Wait!" I said. "Who told you that I'm mrs. King?" I asked.