24. Cairo & Florentia.

POV Cleopatra.

"Mother fûcker!" I cried out in pain while clutching Kitty's hand.

"I have a confession to make!" Kitty yelled over my screaming. "I made a promise to myself that I would tell you before the babies were born and this is my last chance."

"Spit it out already!" I yelled.

"I slept with Adonis!" She shouted.

"What?!" I exclaimed and then cries were heard.

"No!" She yelled as the nurse held up my baby. "I'm not done yet! Go back in!"

"Do you want to cut the chord?" The nurse asked.

"Yeah." Kiki whimpered and cut it.

"Start pushing again." The nurse said.

"God I hate twins!" I screamed.

"I was in love with Adonis!" She yelled.

"One final push! You're doing great!" The nurse yelled. "You! Make another confession!"

"My heart broke when we left!" She yelled and then another set of cries was heard.

"I'm truly sorry." I mumbled before falling asleep from exhaustion.

~~~~~

"Where are they?!" I screeched when I woke up.

"Calm down, mama bear!" Kiki snapped. "I'll get them to you." She walked to the corner and grabbed one of them. She handed my baby to me before getting the other one and placing it in my other arm. "Boy and girl." She pointed to left and then right. "Names?"

"My son is named Cairo Faidon King and my daughter is Florentia Chione King." I smiled at them. "You should get some sleep." I told her and scooted over. She smiled and laid down next to me, leaning her head on my shoulder.

"You're gonna do great." She smiled, looking at my babies.

"When you fall asleep, with your head upon my shoulder." I sang softly.

"When you're in my arms, but you've gone, somewhere deeper." Kitty sang with me.

"Are you going to age with grace?" I continued but Kitty didn't. "Are you going to age with mistakes? " I sang to my twins.

"Have they opened their eyes yet?" I asked and Kitty shook her head. "Are you recording me?"

"Yes and I caught the singing." She grinned. "It was adorable." She pointed the camera at the twins.

"You're about to catch their eyes opening." I mumbled as Cairo's eyes opened and I gasped. His left eye was gold like mine but his right eye was silver, like Ares'. Florentia followed seconds after, shocking me again. Her left eye was silver and her right one was gold, the opposite of her older brother.

"They're gorgeous." Kiki whispered.

"They are." A tear streamed down my face.

~Five years later~

"Are you ready to go home?" I squatted down to the level of my kids. They had grown so much since I first sang Oblivion to them. Florentia's hair was already to her bum and it had small curls but not as much as mine. Cairo's hair was cut short and he was an inch taller than his little sister.

We've been living in Colombia for almost two years and my babies were already four. Kitty was a fifth grade teacher while I was a doctor. The hospital was only one block away from the school and three from my house.