Precipitation

Working at a library, mostly by yourself, except for the quick check-ins from a manager, can be painfully lonesome. Namjoon, who was a tall, clumsy musical major with purple hair, and who harboured a love for oversized sweaters, as well as small crabs, thought otherwise. You'd think from that simple observation that the tall man was boring, though he was quite far from it actually if you got the chance to know him, and the time for him to open up to you. Additionally, he was also both musically and academically talented, a genius in both fields. But he had a serious problem. Between university and sleep, Namjoon worked at the previously mentioned local library, under those exact conditions. There was no surprise there, of course, and it was definitely no surprise when his friends, as well as roommates, Jimin and Jungkook, told him that he should probably quit.

You see, Namjoon was a hard worker, which was normally a good thing, except not in this case, solely for the fact that he always worked himself too hard. He absolutely adored books, and so he didn't mind working there, but when he was barely getting 4 hours of sleep at night (or extremely early morning), skipping breakfast along with dinner, and to top it all off, not having time to spend with his friends, they knew that it was time for him to throw in the towel.

He needed to focus on school, and if he decided that a job was too much, his parents would pay for him to go, so money wasn't that big if an issue. But of course, being the kindhearted, thoughtful person that he is, Namjoon decided to overwork himself with his course assignments, accompanied by his afterschool job.

"NAMJOON, I swear, if you don't get home right now, Kookie and I will come over there and drag you home ourselves! Your work ended almost 3 hours ago!" a furious Jimin shouted at his phone to Namjoon who was currently put on speaker.

"We're not kidding, hyung. I will literally go over there, pick you up, and carry you back to the apartment." Jungkook, who was beside Jimin in the apartment that the three of them shared, threatened.

"I know that you guys are worried about me, but I'm fine, honestly. Instead of fretting over me, shouldn't you guys be going on your long awaited date that the two of you couldn't stop fussing over for the last week and a half?"

"Hyung!", the younger two blushed and whined simultaneously.

"What was that, manager? You said you have a task for me that only I can do? Sorry you two, I gotta go. DON'T STAY UP TOO LATE KIDDOS"

"Joon, we know that you don't-". And with a click, Namjoon went back to reorganizing the shelves of the currently abandoned library.

You would think that he was lonely, which yes, of course, he was, but he also enjoyed some time by himself. He began to think about different things, like school, his music, his wide collection of Ryan-themed stuffies at home that probably missed him, and ultimately, love.

Love. The one thing that he couldn't wrap his head around for the fact that he didn't think he deserved it, which was far from the truth. The soft man could light up any room he walked into with a simple display of his dimples and a flash of a warm smile. He didn't believe that though, he, in fact, believed the opposite. Still, the genuine aura that he practically oozed wasn't enough to keep away the gloomy thoughts that were one of the main reasons as to why he was there at the library every night until late, and not home laughing with his friends. He didn't want to cause them any more trouble by getting in the way of their romantic relationship with one another, instead opting to not be an awkward third-wheeler, one of which they probably had to force themselves to spend time with.

Which brings us back to the main topic that was plaguing Namjoon's train of thought: fluffy, soothingly heartfelt, yet rose-coloured, bittersweet love. Namjoon himself was attracted to people based on their personality, and often disregarded gender, so over the years he's fell in love with a diverse mix of people, but none of which decided to fall with him. Thus, the promise that he made to himself to never love someone again, or at least until he became someone who was worthy of the love that others had, was dreadfully crafted.

While he was lost in his thoughts, he didn't notice the heavy rainfall that began to cascade down through the twilight sky, and the raindrops that splashed against the windows of the dimly lit building with a slight drumming pitter patter. He definitely did not notice a dishevelled, rain-soaked male figure approach the library, either.

Hello!
Thank you so much for reading the first chapter of this possible series! Don't forget to leave comments about your general thoughts, and feelings on this story so far!