Downpour

Being manager has its perks, especially when the district boss doesn't check in at all with the branch that you're in charge of. Of course, thats not all the manager had to look forward to. For example, there is higher salary, control of the whole facility, etcetera. Jung Hoseok' s favourite part about it in his opinion was that he could take as long breaks as he wanted to, and nobody could tell him otherwise. Not that his peers minded. So did he abuse this power? Of course, he did.

The black-haired man was more not at work when he was at work. But who could blame him? Hoseok was enjoying his days, each one like the last until a certain man had caught his eye. He knew that he was in love with the other, and he would stop at nothing to make him his own.

"Hello, Namjoon. I haven't seen you in a while." He said as he approached the younger at the front desk.

"Well hyung, you would if you showed up more." The younger said pointedly with a playful glare.

"And why would I do that? Isn't the library much quieter without me in it?"

"I suppose you are helping out around here in your own way. Still, you should stick around more often."

"I'll try from now on, Joon-ah. More importantly, you've been seeming a bit down lately. Does it have anything to do with that guy that usually comes here to see you? Speaking of which, he hasn't been around often, has he?" Hoseok seemed concerned, frowning at the other.

"Yoongi and I aren't really talking to each other at the moment. He's mad at me for some unknown reason."

Just then, someone came to the counter to renew their library card. Namjoon went through the process with them, while Hoseok leaned  against the desk.

"You know, Joon, you should really stop biting your lip when you're thinking. You're going damage it permanently." Hoseok said as the person walked away.

"I can't help it. If I stop doing that, I'll just end up biting my nails instead, and I need both of my hands to check books out for people." said Namjoon.

"Well I have a solution for that, but you'll have to come with me for a couple minutes."

"But I can't leave the desk in case someone needs help. You shouldn't be encouraging me to, you're the manager now, Seokie." Namjoon looked up at the black haired man in front of him, knowing he was right.

"Nobody's even here, give or take a few students working on a project together in the far back corner. But if you really want us to stay here, we can."

Hoseok pulled out a tube of lip balm to give to Namjoon. As Namjoon rubbed the balm onto his roughly bitten lips, he was confused. Why would Hoseok want to go somewhere else just for him to put on some lip balm?

"Is that really all you wanted me to do, hyung?" he questioned.

"Actually, that's not it. To be honest with you, ever since you began to work here, I became instantly consumed by a certain feeling. You're the who caused it, Namjoon. I wondered what it had been, and as the months have passed, I realized that that feeling is my love for you. I love you, Kim Namjoon."

Namjoon was shocked. He hadn't expected this at all from anyone, much less his manager.

"I'm...so sorry, Hoseok, but I don't feel the same way. I do love you, but only as a friend." Namjoon said with sympathy.

"Is it because of Yoongi? I don't think he cares about you. In fact, I'm pretty sure he hates you." Hoseok replied.

"Why would you say that? He might not, but that doesn't mean you have to be cruel about it."