Liquid Sunshine

Warning: This chapter contains smut. If you'd like to skip it, it starts at the middle of the chapter.

"I'd like to resign from my position as librarian. I know that I'm supposed to give you 3 weeks notice in advance but I'm pretty sure that under these circumstances it's better for me to leave now."

Hoseok looked shocked by this, even though he knew it was like a book that was returned in a year after it was borrowed: long over-due and pending charges.

"Namjoon, please stay. If you don't want to stay because I'm asking you to, at least stay for the library. You're our best worker." Hoseok pleaded.

"I was practically the only worked here. It's taken me way too long to realise that this was unhealthy." Namjoon said pointedly.

"I'm sorry, Namjoon. For the way I treated you. You deserved none of it. I let my jealousy overcloud my judgement." the older said. "I promise I'll get better if you stay."

"I forgave you already. But don't think that for a moment that just because I can forgive and move past this that I've forgotten. Still, I stand by my decision."

Namjoon had wondered why he had let the other walk all over him before, and cover up his wrongdoings behind false smiles. In fact, he wondered why he let anyone treat him badly. He made a small mental note to thank his friends for helping him to realise that he has mass and occupies space, therefore he matters.

"I understand. I'll talk to administrative about letting you go now instead of the usual time. It's the least I can do."

"You're damn right it's the least you could do." a grumpy Yoongi chimed in, still wanting to pound in Hoseok's face.

"Come on, don't be like that. He's trying to do better than he had before. And don't forget that you also acted like that."

"Okay, fine. I know, but insyead of spending more time with this jerk, we should go to Jin's cafe. He's been worried about you since this morning."

Namjoon turned to say goodbye to Hoseok, looking around at the library one last time. He looked at the two-story building, taking in all of the old books that he used to restock daily, and studying the main desk that he used to spend hours on end behind. Maybe he would come back to this place.

After all, it held memories.

"Are you coming?" Yoongi looked at Namjoon, holding his hand out for him to take.

"Yup. Let's go" Namjoon would deny the tiny tear that slid down his cheek when Yoongi asked if he was okay.

When they arrived at Jin's cafe, "Peaches and Cream", Namjoon was practically hugged to death by Jin.

"I thought you never would've come back to me, Joonie! How could you have tried to leave me all alone with Yoongi?" The pink haired man whined while still squishing the other.

"Hey, I would've been too. I've heard so much about you, and I still don't get why someone as adorable as you would put up with someone as miserable as that midget boy over there." Taehyung said before introducing himself to Namjoon, opting to hug the other instead of shaking his hand.

"I'm still here, you know." complained Yoongi.

"And why is that?" Namjoon threw him a playful glare.

"Wow rude. It be ya own boyfriend."

"WAIT YOU GUYS NEVER TOLD ME YOU WERE DATING." Jin yelled, startling some of the customers who weren't regulars yet. "Sorry."

"Well, it happened literally a couple hours ago, hyung." Yoongi said, as if it was the most obvious thing ever.

"Still, you could've told me when it happened. From now on I'll just have to message Namjoonie here. What's your number, Joon?"