Sunlight

Namjoon was sure of it. He was going to have to put an end to it if Yoongi wasn't going to. Yoongi was strong, but he doesn't need to bear everything by himself.

Yoongi

Yoongi

Yoongi.

He was the only thing on Namjoon's mind, even accidently calling a customer his name. Somehow it seemed as if he was always on Namjoon's mind since the day they met.

"Joon! I need you to work in the back until I return."

Taehyung's call sounded like an angel singing. An angel with a surprisingly deep voice.

"Sure thing." Namjoon replied.

Namjoon passed Taehyung as headed to the kitchen, earning a pat on the head from the younger. At least this way he wouldn't make anymore mistakes. He took pride in his job.

Okay, Namjoon. It's time to focus on your work.

He decided work on the dishes first, seeing as they had piled up in the sink. The suds filled and bubbled in the sink as the yellow sponge scrubbed away at the at the dishes until they were gleaming. He promptly dried them with a cloth, putting them back in the cupboard.

What now?

Despite what people thought about him, Namjoon was actually a decent cook. If he had a recipe, he could follow it.

Unfortunately for him, Jin liked to hide his recipes for fear of "the café down the street sending someone in to steal them." Is Jin okay?

Enough batter was already made and set in the fridge, so wouldn't it just be a waste of time and ingredients to make more?

Ultimately, Namjoon decided that he would be best tidying up the kitchen until Taehyung returned. He put away ingredients in the fridge, did an inventory check, and sweeped the floor. He was lucky that Taehyung came back quickly, because he ran out of things to keep him busy.

"Thanks for taking over for me. You can go home early for today."

"Thank you. I'll see you tomorrow, Tae!"

Namjoon was grateful that he could make his escape before he accidentally broke something (again).

He went to the back, changed out of his uniform and left the shop. He didn't want to go home just yet. He wasn't ready to barge into Yoongi's work life and take over for him. He needed to trust that he would make the right decision for himself. After all, some of the power came from standing up to the person who has been hurting you yourself.

Namjoon didn't want to go home just yet. He was far too anxious for that. He knew that if he returned to their apartment that he would just be pacing up and down restlessly. He needed to take his mind off of things.

He decided to go walking for a bit. He took the first step outside.

Then the next.

And another step after that until his legs were walking on autopilot. All that was left was for his mind to admire his surroundings.

The glass of the buildings around him reflected the bright light of the sun, causing them to act as mirrors. The people around him were like stars in the sky, none them same as the other. Each of them lived their own lives, with their own opinions and their own problems. That made him think for a second. The chances of him talking to one of these people were slim to none.

Sure, maybe he might pass by them again if they happened to live in the same area, but that was unlikely in itself. He wouldn't make an imprint on them, even if he bumped into them.