Dripping

Yoongi trudged along the empty side walk, opting to walk instead of taking the bus as usual to the library. The only reason why he decided to walk, was because he needed to think about what he wanted to say to Namjoon when he got there. This was crucial, a now or never last stand in hope of him earning back the love that he so foolishly threw away. Sure it was kind of far for him to walk, but when lost in his thoughts, time seemed to pass by quickly.

He continued down his path with the sun hot on his back, thinking and thinking until he had no idea what to think about. His thoughts were all jumbled and nothing seemed right to say. Namjoon deserved better than any of the words he could muster up.

Namjoon deserved better than him.

Yoongi shook himself out of his self-deprecating mindset, because this wasn't about him. For once in his life, he has the chance to fix his mistakes that was caused by his pride and ego. He wasn't going to mess this up. He couldn't.

He tried again to concentrate, but he couldn't break loose from the what if's.

What if he doesn't what me back? What if he never wants to see me again? What if I'm too weak to face him? After all, I'm far too weak to face even myself.

Yoongi thought back to a time before he knew Namjoon. He was a shell full of rage, at the world and at those who he cared about the most. He felt so alone on the small rock he floated on through the vast emptiness of space, despite the problem of overpopulation. Never again did he want to relapse to that time. He was an awful person, one who even though everyone can relate to at times, he was stuck in the same mantra for as long as he can remember. Namjoon was the one who broke that routine. He had to stay strong for Namjoon.

He reached into the pocket of his black leather jacket, and pulled out his phone, along with some headphones. With his music streaming through his ear buds, he wouldn't have noticed that he almost passed his destination if it hadn't been for a raindrop splashing onto his cheek when he looked up at the  now gloomy sky. Yoongi looked both ways, then crossed the street. He opened the large doors he was met with at the entrance, and stepped inside just before he heard the first crack of thunder.  Luck was seemingly on his side for once, because he made it in before a heavyrainfall descended from the cloudy sky.

This seems familiar, he thought. At least this time I didn't get soaked.

Upon going to the front desk, he was met by a man, one of who wasn't Namjoon.

"Can I help you with something, Yoongi?" the black haired man asked him.

"Oh um, you might be able to. Just give me a second."

"Sure, take as long as you need". The man answered with a heart-shaped smile.

Yoongi searched the library for Namjoon, looking from back and front, front to back. He even noticed a stairwell near the side of the building which lead to a second floor of the library.

So many books. No wonder Joon still works here by himse- he realized mid-thought that there was another library worker there for once. It took him another second for him to realize that he addressed him by his name.

The blonde rushed down to the first floor, and asked the guy at the front desk,

"Do I know you?"

"Well I don't know, do you?" was the cheeky response he was given.

"Well I don't know, would I be asking you that if I knew?" Yoongi was beginning to get frustrated. No Namjoon in sight, and now this prick answering his question with half-assed replies.

"Think back to the last time you were here. Or is your memory really that bad?"

" Okay, listen here you little piece of shit- OH. OH. OH MY GOD YOU'RE THE GUY NAMJOON WAS KISSING."