Drowning

Jimin and Jungkook were still up when Namjoon came home after midnight. Yes, they did stay up to wait for their friend, and then to give him a piece of their mind, but they didn't just sit there the whole time doing nothing. I mean, do you really expect two young adults who were dating to keep their hands to themselves?

Well, they definitely weren't.

They were seated on the couch in their living room, or more specifically, Jimin was, while Jungkook was straddling the older's lap.

"Hyung, please. Don't tease..." he managed to say between rough, passionate kisses.

"Not yet, Kookie. Be patient." Jimin commanded.

Just as they began a rather long and drawn out, sloppy kiss, Namjoon unlocked the door. When he saw the sight of the couple mid-makeout session, he turned tail, and hastily headed to his bedroom to avoid being scolded while they were distracted.

Unfortunately for him, he's as clumsy as it gets, and tripped over the carpet on the way there, the loud thump of his body hitting the floor alerting the others of his presence.

When he got up, he was met with a seemingly angry face, completely different from when it was filled with pure bliss just moments before.

"Just where do you think you're going?", a dishevelled Jungkook asked him.

"Well you see, my fish is drowning and he can't swim. I GOTTA GO TO MY BEDROOM TO SAVE HIM! BYE!"

And he tried once again to make it to his room where he'd be protected from the hour long lecture, but instead was stopped by Jimin, who was blocking the door way. He seemed calm, and that's what made him so scary.

"Namjoon, go and sit down on the chair in front of the sofa before I get even more mad at you. Don't try to escape the inevitable." his words were said with a relaxed tone, but everyone in the room knew that they held an underlying sharpness that cut through anything better than the sharpest blade.

"Um okay." the eldest replied meekly, hoping that some unknown force would save him before he fell into this conversation.

When Namjoon sat down on the chair, and Jimin as well as Jungkook sat down on the couch, the scolding began. The light mood in the room was soon gone, replaced with a much more serious one.

"Namjoon, do you not realise how worried we were? We stay up almost every night to make sure you get home. Please. Just. Quit. Your. Job. " Jimin said in a concerned voice.

"Okay, but in my defense-" Namjoon was cut off by Jungkook who countered with

"Just sit down and listen to us, hyung. We care about you, why don't you care enough about yourself to stop working there? We're not saying this because we want you to miserable, we just want to make sure that you're okay, and clearly you aren't. Please, Joon, we love you." tears started to form in his eyes as he finished.

"I know, but I don't deserve it. Any of it." Namjoon mumbled loud enough so that only he could hear it, and so that the other two didn't have to listen to him berate himself.

"What was that?" Jimin questioned him.

" I said that I know that I should, but today something good came out of it. I met someone very interesting."

" Who?" the couple asked, the argument forgotten for now, and the atmosphere becoming less heavy.

"A guy named Min Yoongi, who came into the library to escape the rain. He was damp from the rain. I gave him some clothes and we started talking to each other. We exchanged phone numbers and..
..."