Falling

The next morning when Namjoon woke up, he decided to go back to bed, but even in his half-asleep state, he couldn't find himself tired enough to fall asleep again. He felt way too energized by the events that occurred the previous night.

So he got up on his day off from school before 12 for once, and went to the kitchen to make breakfast. To his luck, Jimin and Jungkook haven't left out of work yet, so they helped him to cook.

When they were all done eating, Jimin kissed Jungkook goodbye, since his work started earlier, and sent  waved to Namjoon with a "Goodbye, hyung."

Since Jimin left, it was just Namjoon and Jungkook sitting at the table together. Unfortunately for Namjoon, Jungkook still hadn't forgotten about what happened the night before.

"Joon......" Jungkook whined out.

"Kookie......" Namjoon returned in the same way.

"I know that you have a reason to stay at the library now, but can you at least consider quitting? Staying there will be bad for your health....and we care about you, Joon."

" I know that, and I'll keep that in mind, okay? I care about you guys too. And I'm sorry for making you guys worried, Kook."

They were quiet for a couple of minutes until Jungkook checked the time and realized that he had to leave out of his job.
He grabbed his bag that was on the gray and white kitchen countertop, and then as he was walking out they said goodbye to eachother as Jungkook left with a "Try not to come back home too late tonight, Joon!"

Namjoon ate breakfast in silence while rereading the messages that Yoongi and himself had exchanged.

I can't believe that he actually talked to me, he thought. I expected him to act as if he had gotten the wrong number or blocked me. Well I know he was nice enough to respond, but last night was certainly the last I'm ever seeing or hearing of him. He probably won't ever come back to the library since he knows that I work there.

Namjoon continued to put himself down about how Yoongi will never talk to him again until the alarm that told him he had to get ready for work went off. He styled his purple hair in a fluffy manner, not putting in too much effort in it, since he usually goes to the library every day, so the regulars won't pay him much attention.

He hastily put on a dark pair of jeans, of course not before tripping and falling as he was walking with them half way up towards his dresser in order to pick out a shirt. He got up off the floor with an "ow", and chose a white long sleeved shirt with a collar, accompanied by a beige cardigan to finish off his outfit.

He said goodbye to the empty apartment, locked the door, and waited for the bus to arrive at the bus stop across the street from his apartment building.

When the bus arrived, Namjoon paid his fare and went to the back. He took out a pair of headphones and started to listen to music, in order to help him think a little bit better.

He thought about everything and nothing all at once, until he noticed his stop approaching. He got off the bus after saying thank you to the driver, and walked towards the entrance of the library.

Unsurprisingly, the door was locked, which meant that he was the only one working that day. It was fine, and to be honest he kind of liked being the only librarian there some days. The branch that he worked at wasn't really crowded ever, even on the "busy" days, and he likes to be depended on, if he was being completely truthful.

As soon as he got in, he put on his name tag a little bit less crooked than the day before, and started to reorganize the bookshelves again. You see, Namjoon didn't necessarily have to sit behind the main counter since the library had self-checkout stations, but he still liked to be at the front desk occasionally, just in case someone who was new there had to set up a library card.