Chapter 18

August 20,1997

-Adriana's POV

Today, Mikayla is coming over for our sleep over . I'm guessing we're like bestfriends now, I never had a friend in my whole life, but now I do. Someone knocked on my door so I went up to get it.

"Mikayla!"

"Adriana!"

We both hugged and I asked,"Who let you in?"

"Your Aunt, shes really nice."

"I know right?!"

I let her in and her expression was funny because she was acting as if shes in Disneyland.

"Are you sure, this is your room? Not the living room."

I laughed,"Yeah it is."

"Don't tell me you have a theater in here too."

I chuckled as I said,"No, but we do have a theater . I'll show you around next time."

"Your kidding."

"I'm not. "

"What else do you guys have? An amusement park?"

"Yeah but we have to use a golf cart to get there."

"Oh my god!" "Sorry, its just so awesome."

I thanked her and we just chat for a couple of hours. She asked,"Wheres your dad?"

". . .On tour."

"Don't you miss him?"

"I don't want to, but yeah."

Her eyes widened,"What do you mean you don't want to?"

"I just hate it when he goes on tour, thats why I want to be in a normal school as a distraction while he's gone."

"Aww."

We both jumped when we heard thunder and saw the flash of lighting. I jumped on my bed,"I'm scared now."

She laughed and said,"Its just a little storm, it might probably go away tomorrow morning."

We heard it again and Mikayla screamed and hopped on the bed with me. I teased,"Its just a storm, huh?"

"Whatever."

Aunt Janet called us from downstairs, and we both went down holding a pillow.Aunt Janet asked,"Are you guys alright?"

We both said,"Yes."

"Okay just making sure."

I noticed she was on the phone.She handed me the phone and said,"Its your dad."I took the phone and brought it with me to my room.

M-Michael A-Adriana

A-Hello?

M-Hey, how are you?

A- I'm great, school is fun.

M-Any new friend?

A-Yeah! Her name is Mikayla, she's here right now.

M-Thats cool

A-Wanna speak to her?

M-Maybe next time, I just called because I heard there was a storm in California. I'm performing in a few minutes.

A-Oh okay bye.

M-I love you

A-Okay.