Chapter 20

August 29,1997

-Michael's POV

Today is Adriana's first therapy and also my birthday but it isn't really important to me right now.The important thing is that my daughter gets the help that she needs. As I was talking to her personal therapist, Amy Bacani. I heard she's a high recommended therapist in California. Adriana doesn't know that shes here because I don't want to argue with her because she needs this.

"So Mr.Jackson,umm, did she tell you anything?"

"She did confess whats been happening to her in school or at home last night, I remember her saying someone spreading rumors about her."

"Oh, I see . I'll help her as soon as possible."

"Thank you," "She's been taking these. . . antidepressants, and umm, she said it helps her but I think its not what she needs. I don't want her to get addicted to it."

She smiled and wroted things down on her note pad.A while later, Adriana came down wearing her sweats and her hair was in a bun.We both stood up and Adriana was looking at me confused,"Dad, we have a visitor?"

I didn't answer her and said,"I'll see you later." I kissed her forhead and jogged to the playroom where thw twins were at. God, I hope this helps her.

-Adriana's POV

Oh, I'm going to kill him! I told dad I was fine and that I'm not gonna do it anymore.

"Adriana?"

I blinked snapping out of my thoughts. I just looked at her waiting for her to ask me stuff.

"So, why do you think I'm here today?"

"I don't know, I told my dad I didn't need help, how many days are you going to be here?"

"When you open up to me, I'll be out before you know it."

She seemed nice and sweet so maybe I should give it a try.She asked,"How old are you?"

"Sixteen, turning seventeen in November."

"So your in high school?"

"Yes."

"What do you feel about school?"

"Great I guess . It's just these girls, they spread rumors that aren't even true.Now I know how my dad feels about the media."

"Has there any dream you had repeatedly?A theme that repeatedly happen in your dream?"

"Sometimes."

"May I ask what they are?"

"Well, I dream that those girls would embarrass me infront of everybody, and Dad would believe the lies, and hes gonna send me back to the orphanage."

"And do you think your dad will believe the lies?"

"At times yes, at times no."

"Is there anything you never told anyone?Thoughts?Feelings?Event?"

"Well, there is one thing.Umm," I thought a while if I was going to tell her or not, but I decided I should. "Sometimes I would get so pissed off and I can't take it anymore. . . I. . . I go to dad's room and open up his bathroom cabinet and stuff my mouth with random pills.I end up falling asleep afterwards."

"Do you ever think about what will happen if you continue doing this?"

"No, I don't really care about myself."

"Why is that?"

I shrugged and waited for her next question.Now I'm getting really comfortable.

"How do you feel about your dad at times?"

"What do you mean?"

"According to your dad, you cut yourself when you were, thirteen?"

"Yeah well, I guess to much pressure.Anyway, my dad, I love him but gets overprotective at times and I just feel like running away."

"Why does he get overprotective?"

"Because of what I wear and things like that."

"How does your dad discipline you?"

"He doesn't let me talk to my cousins which I do all the time when I'm bored.He won't let me leave my room unless I'm hungry. He just takes away some of my privlages."

"Your dad said you have a short temper."

"Yeah I did, which gets me in trouble alot.But I changed ."

She wrote on her notepad as I spoke and she said,"Thank you for the time Adriana, I'll see you tommorow."

"Oh , that was fast."

"Exactly,the more you open up to me.The lesser I come back, and maybe when you tell me everything, you won't see me ever again."

"Okay, cool."

After calling dad from the playroom, he thanked the therapist and walked her out the door. Right now, I don't want to talk to him.As I walked upstairs, dad gently grabbed me by the arm.

-Michael's POV

I asked,"Ana, where are you going?"

"My room."

"Why?You didn't have breakfast yet."

"I'm not hungry."

"No, your eating, wether you like it or not."

"Ugh, fine."

She stomped towards the kitchen as I asked,"Are you mad? "

"I don't want to talk to you."

I followed her to the kitchen and grabbed a chair.

"Wanna tell daddy what's wrong?"

"I'm fine dad," "I told you that I don't need this."

"Yes you do."

"It's stupid, it's like an interview."

"What they ask you?"

No response

"You either want therapy sessions here in the house or I'll send you to rehab."

"I don't need any of those!"

Dad stood up and asked,"Oh yeah? Then why are some of my pills not in my bathroom cabinet anymore?"

"You must've threw them away or something."

"Those weren't even open yet."

"Okay fine!"

"So choose, rehab? Or --"

"REHAB!I. . . I choose rehab."

-Michael's POV

I was hoping she would choose therapy sessions. I can't make her leave, no , I just can't.

"What."

"I said rehab dad."

"Why?"

"You made me choose."

"Tell me why you choose rehab first."

She looked like she was getting frustrated and said,"BECAUSE I WANT TO GET AWAY FROM HERE!"

With that she stormed upstairs. I couldn't help but cry as I kneeled down on the floor.

-Adriana's POV

Should I go? or stay? I don't know, I just hate it here. . .