Chapter 28

"We did the best we can but i'm sorry ,your daughter is in a very  bad condition right now. Her heart's still beating but,her body won't function. Only God knows how long she'll be in a coma. Theres a 50-50 chance that she may live and a chance that she might not,i am terribly sorry."

She gave us a sincere smile and walked off. I slowly opened the door to the ER seeing my daughter so lifeless and bruises all over her  body.  All we heard was the moniters beeping.

It's horrible to see all these wires and tubes around her. My legs began to feel weak so my brother Jermaine  guided me to the couch by the wall.

I can't see Adriana looking like this, i walked outside and sat back on the waiting chair. I continued to sob just thinking, why my daughter? It should've been me. She doesn't deserve this.

Janet sat beside me and rubbed my back,"Michael,doctor says that we can't stay for long.They have to be checking up on Adriana which will take long because of he condition."

"Janet i can't leave my daughter."

"I know,i can't leave my niece too but we have to go. We can see her tommorow."

"What if she wakes up-."

"Michael don't worry they'll take good care of her and you need to clean yourself up."

She said looking at my bloody shirt . I sighed,"Okay."

~~~~~~

We walked out the exit and cameras started flashing. I didn't even care anymore because all i could think about was my daughter. Bill tried getting us to pass without hurting anyone,but they didn't budge. The paparazzi took as many pictures as they can of me.

Then all of a sudden, i heard a voice in my head that sounded like Adriana when she was seven.

Daddy,i'm scared. Please Don't leave me!

*FlashBack*

"Daddy i don't want to go to bed." Adriana pleaded.

"Honey you have to."

I turned off the lights and kissed her on the forehead. Before i closed the door my daughter started sobbing. "What's wrong?"

"Daddy i'm scared. Please don't leave me!"

"Adriana i'll never leave you. My room is just across from yours. All you need to do is call  and i'll be there before you know it."

"Promise?"

"I promise."

End of FlashBack*

"Mike are you alright?" Jermaine asked. I looked around and we were already in the car. "I'm fine." Was all i can say.

"Michael,Adriana's strong. She can do this!" Janet reassured me. I couldn't say anything because my voice felt weak.

Adriana,i'll never leave you.

I thought.

Promise?

I promise.

It was all in my mind thinking Adriana was actually talking to me.

God please help her,please.