{12.4a} Nico x Reader (Now Will x Reader)

I guess I have to talk to him about our relationship or friendship or whatever you wanna call it. Worst part is that (S/n) wants to film it. It's most likely going to be filled with cringe and awkward silences, you think.

You grab your breakfast and sit down at your table. You absentmindedly eat your food as you think about how that situation is all going to happen.

∆ ∆ ∆ ∆ ∆ ∆

You finish your breakfast and get up from your seat. While walking back to your cabin, you notice Will and Nico talking to each other behind Nico's cabin.

Their expressions look like they're arguing with each other. Will is standing close to him and gesturing to your cabin. Nico has his arms crossed and is refusing to make eye contact with Will.

You can faintly hear Will from where you're standing, but his voice levels keeps on fluctuating. He starts to raise his voice then immediately quiets down. Once Will is done talking he glares at Nico.

It's Nico's turn to start yelling back at Will. Nico is starting to raise his voice louder and louder where you can clearly make out the words, "I never even liked her. I just made her think I cared about her."

You thought you were completely over your relationship with Nico, and you were, but this hurt on a whole new level. Tears sting the corners of your eyes as you try to push down the burning feeling in your throat. You let out a choked sob.

Will notices your presence and gets angrier with Nico. You can't hear what Will is saying, but Nico immediately shrinks in on himself. Will angrily points for Nico to leave. Nico goes off in the direction Will pointed.

Will turns himself to face where you were at, but you were gone. You had fled to the woods to be alone.

You are sitting up in the tallest branches that will support you of your favorite tree. It's overlooking a small clearing with a miniature and shallow pond in the middle. You stare at the water and let out a sigh.

You lean your head back onto the trunk of the tree and close your eyes. You let the sunlight flicker through the leaves and onto you, gladly enjoying its warmth.

There is a few birds chirping in the distance. You listen to them intently until you hear footsteps and a faint voice calling out for you. You remain silent, and climb a bit higher into the tree.

You scan the area looking for the source. Will is making his way to the clearing while shouting out for you. He makes it to the clearing, and sits down at the pond. You can hear him talking to himself.

"Her siblings said she'd be here. I looked everywhere else for her, and she's nowhere to be found. I need to see if she's okay," Will sighs.

You quietly make your way out of the tree and make it look like you were just getting to the clearing. Will notices footsteps behind him and turns around. He smiles when he sees you and gets up. He walks over to you.

"Hey, (Y/n). I need to explain what you saw between Nico and I. First of all, are you okay?" Will asks.

He gives you an apollogetic look and wraps you in his arms. You try to say you were fine, but your mouth didn't comply. You let out a few tears and a strained sound. You place your head in his neck, and silently cry.

"I'll take that as a no," he chuckles and holds you closer. He gently strokes your hair and calms you down. He lets go and your cry is down to a sniffle every now and then. "Are you better?"

You give a slight nod.

He smiles and continues talking. "Good. I know that now probably isn't the best time to do this at all, but I don't know if I'll have the guts to say it any other time. We're alone, and no one can bother us. What I have to say is...."

You look up into his eyes and see a blush painted across his face.

"I like you, as more than a friend. I've had a crush on you since we met, and I was devastated when you got together with Nico. I tried to move on, but it never worked. I could tell every single time that he hurt you, and it hurt me too. I will care for you even after we go to Elysium. I care for you that deeply and that much. I would never dream of hurting you. I get it if you don't want to start another relationship. I promise I will wait for as long as you need. So when you're ready, Will you be my girlfriend?" Will asks.

You start tearing up again. You pull Will into your embrace and refuse to let go. "I like you too, Will. You don't have to wait on me. I'll be your girlfriend. I care too much about you too. You've been there for me even when I didn't realize it."

He places a gentle kiss on your head. Then slowly moved you two in circles while humming. You cling onto him, and relax.

Everything is calm and peaceful until you hear a branch break and the sound of (S/n) cursing. They had fallen out of a tree while filming the two of you.

You and Will instantly jump and split apart. You spot your sibling on the other side of the clearing clutching their broken phone.

"No! That was such a cute confession. It's all gone now. I had the best angle I could have possibly gotten!" (S/n) shouts.

Will walks over to them and takes the phone. (S/n) looks up at him with a sheepish smile.

"Hi there. Such a coincidence to see you here in the woods."

" Yeah, right. I thought I heard someone following me, " Will says with a glare.

(S/n) quickly gets up and runs off to camp. Will turns around and holds his arms open. You happily accept his hug and You two make your way back to camp.

You walk back hand in hand, and everyone looks at you. They all have huge smiles on their faces. You spot Nico, and his face is beyond red. He turns around and stomps off to his cabin.

Will looks down at you and says, "You don't have to worry about him anymore."

He gently kisses your cheek and you continue walking.

∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆
That concludes this mini series. I hope you enjoyed each pathway and their endings. No guarantees on how consistent I will update, but I have more free time to write. I'm going to try and publish a one shot at least every other week over the summer. Hoping this works better than every other time I've tried.

~Grace