{16.1} Leo x Reader

High school AU
You're arranged in a two by two seating area of desks. You are sitting next to Percy, diagonal from Jason, and across from Leo. Your class has a free day since it's the end of the year and instruction is complete.

Kids are able to freely go to the classroom they want, but you and your friends decided to stay in one classroom the entire day. It didn't matter much to you because you had a class in that room every third period. You also had over half your classes with your crush, Leo.

Practically everyone knew you had a crush on him, including the teachers. If they didn't know you had a crush on him, they thought that you two were dating. You were that close with each other and already acted like a couple should.

One time while you two were arguing over something small and simple one of the teachers told you two to stop arguing like an old married couple. Both of your faces turned red, and you both shut up.

Back to this day though. You had a game of chess set up between you and Leo. You were winning massively over Leo. If you played the next four moves right, you'd have him in checkmate.

You strategically move your piece into place. Leo stares at the board in thought. Nico comes running over to where you're seated and starts talking.

"Look at this spider I found guys. It's huge!" Nico opens his hands to show Percy and Jason.

You instantly tense up. You are immensely terrified of spiders. Leo looks up at you and noticed your uneasiness.

"I'm terrified of spiders," You mouth to Leo.

He nods his head and looks over to Nico. The spider then jumps out of Nico's hand and onto the floor. The spider starts running at you at an alarming speed. You freeze up and tears start coming from your eyes.

Leo quickly helps Nico pick the spider up before it gets to you. You calm down slightly, and Leo looks over at you.

"Get the spider out of here. Look at (Y/n). She's petrified," Leo says sternly.

After a bit more persuasion, and threats, Nico reluctantly agrees. Leo comforts you until you're able to continue your chess game. You quickly place Leo in checkmate and win.

Leo lets out a huge sigh. "I don't know how you're so good at this. Too complicated for me. How about we play something different?"

"Sure. What do you suggest we play?" you chuckle.

"Dunno. Maybe a card game?" Leo says.

"We all know how to play hearts," Percy says.

You all agree to play hearts and play the multiple games of it for the rest of the day. You successfully won two of the five completed rounds.

~°~°~ Next day ~°~°~

You, Leo, Jason, and Percy stay in the same classroom as the day before. You sit in your arrangement from yesterday.

You look at the group. "What should we play today? I have a regular deck of cards, Uno cards, chess set, and a checkers set." You first look at Percy.

"Doesn't matter to me," Percy says.

"I agree," Jason says.

You look over to Leo. He flashes a quick smirk at you before he smiles.

"I vote we play Uno," Leo says.

" Sure, " the others say.

You get out the cards and while you're shuffling you make eye contact with Leo. He gives you another smirk and then winks at you.

Your face turns tomato red, and you get flustered. You look to see if Percy or Jason saw, but they were off in their own conversation. You keep your sight down at the cards. With shaky hands, you continue shuffling. You start passing out the cards and after you get down dealing them out, you look at Leo again.

"Left of dealer starts, so it's you Leo," Jason says.

Leo nods and plays his card. The rounds go smoothly, even when Percy had to draw twenty cards due to stacking draw twos and draw fours.

Leo gets down to his last card and says, "Uno."

Percy and Jason groan in frustration. They both still had eight cards in their hands, whereas you only had three. Leo looks directly at you and winks again.

You turn red again, and this time Percy and Jason notice your face is red.

"Woah! You don't have to get that mad over him having uno," Jason says.

You shake your head. "Yeah, I guess you're right," You say trying to brush it off and act like your crush didn't just wink at you.

You continue to play and Leo wins his next turn.

Percy and Jason sigh, while Leo smirks.

"How about we play again?" Leo asks.

Percy and Jason grumble not wanting to lose again.

While discussing what game to play next, Nico starts walking over with his hands held together.

"Hey guys! I found another spider! This one's even bigger than the last. You can actually see each of his eyes," Nico exclaims.

You tense up and tune out everything else. You start shaking and a tear runs down your face.

Leo looks over at Nico and glares. Nico freezes and stops where he's at. Percy and Jason look at you, worried. They try their best to calm you down, but nothing works. Leo gives Nico another look that says, "You get that spider any closer to her than it already is, and I promise that you will be as afraid of me and she is of that spider."

Nico immediately stutters, "You know what, I think I'll just go somewhere else. Bye."

Leo calms himself and gets into your field of view to try and calm you.

"(Y/n). Hey, (Y/n). You need to look at me," he says.

You move your eyes to look at him. He moved his hands out to take yours. He holds your hands on a gentle but firm grasp. He runs his thumbs over the tops of your hands.

"You're alright. The spider is gone. You are fine. Just look at me, and take deep breaths," Leo kept on repeating softly.

You eventually calmed down, and came back to your senses. You realized Leo was holding your hands and you blushed.to

"What's wrong, (Y/n)," Leo asks. Before you say anything he sees you looking at your guys' hands held together. He lets them go and his face turns red too.

Percy and Jason watch you two, finding it adorable.

"I can't believe they're not a couple," Percy whispers to Jason.

"I know right. It's clearly obvious they like each other. Maybe one of them will make a move during the field trip we have to that amusement park tomorrow, " Jason suggests.

"Maybe." Percy says.

To be continued....