{21.2} Percy x Reader

You grab the note and shove it into your pocket before leaving the lunchroom.

Leo and Nico catch up with you. They walk on both sides of you.

"So you going to confront him with the note?" Leo asks.

"Of course not! Are you out of your mind!? I don't even like the guy."

"You've never even talked to him."

"Leo's right, (Y/n). You've only ever seen the guy. You don't know what he's like."

"I don't have to talk to him to know his personality. He's the star athlete of the school, the best swimmer we have. Colleges are already taking an interest in him. He's bound to be a stuck up, arrogant jerk with a stick up his butt. Sounds cliche, but it's probably true."

They sigh at your response and keep walking. Nico parts ways to go to his next class while you and Leo go to yours.

"You never know. He might be a nice guy. He might just hang out with the jocks because they roped him into their group," Leo suggests.

You shrug your shoulders. "Yeah right. Because he's totally a gigantic nerdy fanboy who loves puns and jokes. If he was, he would hang out with us because that's what our friend group is mainly composed of."

"Just give the guy a chance. I'm not asking you to marry this guy, just see what he's like. Don't judge a book by it's cover."

"Okay! Fine! Whatever." you huff in response.

~°~°~

After your last class lets out, you make a beeline for your locker. A tall figure collides with you and you both fall. Both of you dropping your stuff in the process.

"Oh my gods! I am so sor...." Percy cuts himself off when he looks up to see you. His face turns a massive amount of red. "Here, let-let me help you gather your things."

You silently agree to let him help. You sort out the pile of stuff to be either yours or his. You both reach for the same paper, and your hands brush against each others.

Percy quickly retracts his hand, whereas you feel a tiny electric shock. Your face turns red.

"I believe this is yours." You hand it to him.

He looks at it, and without thinking he gives it back to you and says, "This isn't mine. It's meant for you."

You blush harder and take the paper back. Before you can read what's wrote, Percy scrambles off of the ground and runs off. You make a mental note to read it later, and put it in your folder.

You make it to your locker and get your things to leave. You manage to run out to your bus in time and get a seat to yourself. You sigh in relief, and take the paper out of your folder. You unfold it and start reading.

I know I should really tell you in person, but I'm too nervous to do so. The last note I gave you didn't have my name on it. I got scared of rejection and ultimately decided to not put my name on it. I'm coming forward now in this note. I, Percy Jackson, like you, (Y/n). I would like a chance to get to know you better, as you get to know me better. I'm not asking you out on a date straight away. I want to become friends and take the time to personally know you. Maybe I could start out by sitting at your lunch table every now and then? We could start texting each other too. Here's my number: xxx-xxx-xxxx.

Sincerely,
Percy Jackson

Your heart melts at words. "That's so sweet," you mutter with tinted cheeks. You put his number into your contacts list. You smile down at your phone before getting off the bus at your house.

You rush through the doors to get to your room. You throw your backpack onto the floor next to your desk and flop down onto your bed. You take your phone back out of your pocket and go to message Percy's number. You carefully choose your wording for the message you're going to send.

You: Hey, Percy! This is (Y/n). I thought both of the notes were really sweet and would like to get to know you better as well.

It takes some time before you get a reply back.

Percy: Hi, (Y/n)! I'm really glad you liked the notes. I wanted to tell you face to face, but couldn't muster up the courage. If you're free some time this weekend, we could meet up. That is if you're okay with it.

You quickly start replying back and forth with each other.

You: I'm actually free all day tomorrow, so any time that works for you is good. Just tell me where we're going to meet up at.

Percy: Would meeting at the mall at noon work for you?

You: That's completely acceptable! See you then!

Percy: Alright! Can't wait!

You open Snapchat, and immediately video call the group chat. You wait for someone to answer. Nico and Leo pick up at the same time while Hazel, Frank, and Connor slowly make their way in.

"What's up (Y/n)?" Connor asks.

"Yeah, you're smiling a lot more than usual and you're blushing," Hazel adds.

"You guys were right. The note was from Percy. When him and I collided in the hallway right before getting on the bus he gave me a note. He said that he wants to get to actually know me before officially asking me out on a date. That's not the only thing though! He gave me his number and we started texting a bit. I'm going to be hanging out with him tomorrow at the mall."

They all let out an aww.

"That's really adorable! You want me to come over and help pick out and outfit?" Hazel asks.

"That would be greatly appreciated. Thank you so much, Hazel! As for the guys, any advice on how I should act? "

"Dude, just be yourself," Connor says.

"Be comfortable and have fun," Frank advises.

"I'm just glad you're giving him a chance. He's probably not as bad as what you originally thought."

" I agree with Leo. He's already got you acting all mushy, so he can't be that bad, " Nico states.

"Thank you guys! I'll talk to you later! See you in a bit Hazel!"

You close the video chat, and put your phone down next to you. You sigh like a love struck teenager from a teen romance movie.