Character Notes And Breakdowns

This story will take place after the anime and Volume 10 of the manga. If you're not caught up on the manga then I urge you to read it from the start or you can pick up from Chapter 27 of Volume 6. It continues the story from there. There will be manga spoilers in this story so please read it before continuing reading this. There will be mentions of characters and events that happened in the manga so if you want to understand some parts this story. READ THE MANGA. It's really enjoyable. The next few paragraphs will be character breakdowns and their interactions with other characters in the story.

I am also aware that the girls in this story are all humans, not angels (except Emi, who's a half-breed), therefore, the title of the story is misleading. The reason why I chose to name it this is because "Is An Angel In Love With Me?" Sounds better than "Is A Human In Love With Me?"

At the end of the title, there will be abbreviated forms of their ship.

If it's Maou x Emi, the abbreviated form will be '(MxE)' This will be at the end of their chapter title.

If it's Ashiya x Rika, the abbreviated form will be '(AxR)'

If it's Urushihara x Suzuno, the abbreviated form will be '(UxS)'

Let's address the elephant in the room. Who's the baby in-between Emi and Maou? Well, That's Alas Ramus or Alas=Ramus. She's the 'adopted' daughter and Emi and Maou are the 'appointed' parents. Her first appearance is in chapter 27 of the manga. She's only 2 years old according to Maou in chapter 49.6. Because she's a baby, she'll mispronounce names and words. She also whines when she isn't with Maou or Emi. She cries and sometimes gets mad when Maou and Emi are fighting. She also likes MgRonald because her papa (Maou) smells like it. Also, she is aware that Maou, Ashiya and Urushihara are demons or devils (whatever you prefer). These are the names she calls other characters according to the translated manga I read, they are misspelt on purpose;

Emi = Mama

Maou = Papa

Ashiya (Alciel) = Al-Cell

Urushihara (Lucifer) = Looshifer (Adorable)

Chiho = Chi-Necha (Supposed to be Chiho-oneechan, the Japanese honorific for older sister)

Suzuno (Crestia Bell) = Suzu-Necha (Supposed to be Suzuno-oneechan, same deal as before)

Rika = Unknown because they haven't met each other before.

MgRonald (The place Maou works) = Mag-Robad

The next person I'm going to cover is Rika Suzuki. Why is she shipped with Ashiya? It has been seen in the anime that Rika does have a small crush on Ashiya due to his... personality... I think? Maybe she just sees something inside him. Though in the anime it isn't very evident, the manga explores their ship much more. In chapter 32, she was in a Ferris wheel gondola alone with Ashiya after accidentally leaving Chiho behind. She's seen blushing and she's nervous because they were alone in a confined room. In chapter 47, she calls Emi to ask what kind of clothes does Ashiya likes after he invites her to shopping. She also asks what kind of outfit he would find cute on a woman. She asks while blushing. It's very evident here that she's stressing over what to wear to impress him. In chapter 31 she implies that she likes the formal approach more than the subtle approach, Ashiya has the formal approach. This only makes the ship sail further. In the anime and manga, she has stated that she used to live in Kobe. According to hataraku.wikia she apparently 'sheds' her Kansai accent but in the manga it's seen that she does sometimes use Kansai dialect/slang such as 'what're', 'y'all' ' 'bout' (Not completely sure if this is Kansai dialect/slang) and 'dunno'. She's seen using these words in chapter 49.