05.| griffonnages

griffonnages
{French} 》doodles

H a i l e e

   One week has passed since the metro incident. I was slowly getting closer to the group and Ana. I tried to stop myself from getting any closer, I wanted to leave the relationship between us simple but something else gravitated me towards them. I don't know whether it was Edward's horrible jokes, Nathan's broken accent or Aries sweet gestures but I definitely found it hard to resist them. Ana, on the other hand, was just amazing. She was nice, kind and got along with everyone. Although she was still very shy from the boys, I managed to convince her to sit with them at lunch. Jeffery was only one who I was still cautious about. He didn't speak much to me. He, also, argues a lot with Nathan. I think he doesn't like me and it makes me feel sad. I tried my best to stay nice but he was just cold towards me so I left him alone.

I walked towards the school's doors, my heart beating fiercely but I paid it no attention. I sprinted to my locker when my eyes met the huge clock that was hung on the wall. I had 5 minutes till class starts. I have never been late and I am not about to. I gathered what I needed from my locker as quickly as possible and continued running towards room 104.

When I finally reached it, I knocked softly then opened the door. The bell rang as my my butt touched the chair and I sighed in relief. I shared this class with Jeffery. Last week, I took that as an opportunity and used it to get close to him but it didn't work out. The guys don't seem to notice that he act cold towards me and if they do, they're doing pretty good job at hiding it. I sense that Jeffery is like that with everyone else.

I flipped through my notebook and chuckled when my eyes fell on the last page. I had lent the notebook to Edward a few days ago and he doodled on the back. Most of his drawings seemed to be connected to popular TV shows. He drew their logos and wrote their names in calligraphy. I have to admit, his handwriting is impressive.

From the corner of my eye, I could see Jeffery raising an eyebrow at me. I moved my notebook a little bit to side so he can see what I was smiling at. As soon as his eyes fell on the paper, a small, very subtle, smile appeared. He shook his head before turning his gaze back at the teacher. I decided to do the same and focus at the lesson.

● ● ●

After what felt like forever the bell finally rang. The sound woke up the sleepy students who are eager to get out of here. I also was finding it hard to stay wake as the teacher rambled about what seemed to be the most random things ever. I was excited to head to the cafe where -hopefully- the guys and Ana await for me.

Ana was still superstitious about the guys, the rumors she heard were frightening. To be honest, when I heard a few of them, I got a little worried too but after hanging out with them for three weeks, I can say that they are harmless. Or... they are just tricking me to think that.

I arrived to the cafe pretty quickly and I spotted Ana buying her lunch. The guys were sitting at their usually table with trays of food in front of them. I waved at them then headed to the register to order food. I took two slices of pizza with a small cup of coke. Ana stood next to me with her tray, waiting for me.

We headed towards the guys and to our seats. After the first few lunches we had together, the guys added two extra chairs on the table for us. Mine was next to Aries while Ana's was next to Nathan. I found it very nice of them to do that especially since they have been known to exclude anybody who wasn't a part of their group but I guess something has changed.

"Hi." I greeted as I sat down. Greetings were thrown our way and that was all it took to start conversations. Edward, Nathan and Ana started their conversation on recent gossip around the school. Nathan pretended not to care but I knew that he enjoyed listening to them talk. I, on the other hand, started a conversation with Aries.

"How is your day so far?" He asked.

"I want it to finish already. Mr. Donald has been rambling non-stop about world war two and as much as I like history, I would prefer to listen to my sister talk about stranger things than listen to any word that come out of this mouth." I sighed. It felt like he puts the students under hypnosis or something. I always feel drained and tried after his lectures.

"Tell me about it. The guy never shuts up and he tell stories about his life that is rather disturbing." Aries said and I nodded. We continued eating in silence until it was time to go. I took my bag and followed Nathan and Ana as they exited the cafe. Edward popped next to me while Jeffery and Aries walked behind us.

"Do you find Archer hot?" The question came out from nowhere.

"Who?" I asked.

"The baseball player. He's a senior. He attend your Spanish class." He replied.

"Do I find him hot?!" I raised an eyebrow at him. Now that Edward mentioned it, Archer wasn't a bad looking guy. He has blonde hair and his eyes were blue. He wore brown glasses. He was pretty cute.

"Cute, yeah." I shrugged.

"Do you think he would look good with me?" He asked. I again raised an eyebrow.

"With you? How should I know?" I chuckled.

"Because you're hanging out with us so you obviously have a good taste in men." He smirked and I chuckled.

"Yeah...I think you would make a cute couple." I smiled. It was true. Edward needed someone like Archer. Someone that would keep him on his toes. Edward squealed before sprinting off to meet with Nathan and Ana. I slowed my pace a little so Aries and Jeffery could catch up to me.

"What was that about?" He pointed at Edward and I shrugged.

"I really don't know. He's so random." I chuckled. His random behaviour made him super funny and unpredictable which leads to unforgettable moments.

"I'm gonna head off." I heard Jeffery say before disappearing. Aries furrowed his eyebrows but wasn't able to say anything. I felt that Jeffery left because of me.

"Did I do something wrong?" I asked. My heart was heavy. Anxiety flooded in my system and Jeffery's behaviour seems to set warning signs in head.

"No, you didn't. He just doesn't socialise much." He smiled apologetically. I smiled back a little. I still wasn't sure what was his problem. Was it me or is it just really him? It might take me awhile to figure it out.