Strawberry tart

I quickly get changed in the shower cubicle, throwing on some trackies, a white top, and my hoodie, before speedily walking out the changing rooms and onto the field for P.E.

Just to my look there is 30 students and the three Greek gods are here. I don't know if there in my other classes because I just keep my had down. The three of them stand there with basketball shorts on and a plain white t-shirt. The leader, who I still don't know the name of, has got The brown haired guy in a headlock and the third friend is just laughing his ass off.

"Xavier, let go of Trevor, please. Dylan stop laughing." The teacher's loud voice booms over the field making everyone to be silent and listen. The leader who I know realise is Xavier, lets go of Trevor, glaring at the teacher. "Alright we are running. I want to see your best, no walking unless you are physically going to die." Groans flood the field at his words.

Then he looks at me. "Hey, you might want to take your hoodie off. It's boiling out here. Don't want you passing out." Instead of answering just walk over to the track with everyone else.

I take one step and watch as runners, sprinters and joggers pass me from behind. putting another step in front of each other, I turn my walking into a sprint and take of. I pass class mates, keeping my head down my so my hood won't blow off. Running is like my escape, some people paint, draw and do other things, me? I run, remembering I can run without a target on my back, without... fear.

Soon enough I catch up to Xavier, Trevor and Dylan, who seem to be in a conversation. I pass beside them and carry on the my run, listening to some birds chirp and the sounds of shoes hit the bright green grass. The bright blue sky that I've so longed to love.

I don't even realise an hour has passed until the Mr Heclome blows his whistle and tells us to go get changed. I whip on my tatted black jeans, my white t-shirt and my hoodie, before walking out.

I wasn't always this quiet, I used to be loquacious, full of energy, bubbly, making friends with everyone. Now I'm fragile, likes to keep to myself and is scared of my past coming out.

***

I make it into my cheap apartment without getting killed. Trust me the drivers around here, I'm lucky to be alive. Stupid tarts. Now I want a strawberry tart.

Exhausted I throw my hood down, welcoming the cool air with open arms. While opening my fridge a box catches my eye. Not any random box, it holds my life. I still hadn't finished un-packing, so there is a few bits and pieces laying around. I grab hold of the box, telling myself not to open the box and go back to the state I was in. Shoving it under my bed while letting out a breathe and walk back to the kitchen to eat my strawberry tart.

I watch a few episodes of supernatural. Glancing at the clock my eyes nearly popped out there sockets, it is around one in the morning. Guess Dean and Sam are just too addictive. Deans voice is just too addictive, it's husky and everything about him is perfect. Drool worthy.

Once finished with my fan girl moment I drag myself into my room flicking on every light and then turning it of when I walk out. I close my room door as soon as my feet enter my room and flip on my lamp. My bag lays on my bed so I manoeuvre through the mess and jump on my bed and dig through my black bag. I pull out a small white bottle, about the size of my pinkie finger, and open it, I tip it onto my hand, only for nothing to fall out of it. My eyes widen in shock.

"No no no no." My brittle voice speaks, frantically tipping my bag upside down emptying it's contents, I scramble through it, my head goes into a panic as I run to my on-suite bathroom and looking through the medicine cabinet above the sink. They aren't there. My hands grip onto the sink as I control my wobbly breathy.

"You can sleep without them." I try and convince myself, but in the back of my mind I know I can't. I've still got another week till my prescription is due, I've been popping my pills like they are tic-tac's.

I sprint into my bed, jumping under the covers of my bed. I bury myself under my covers like a burrito, shaking slightly. My hand whips out of the covers and switches my lamp of before I pull it back under. Scrunching my eyes up as tight as I can. As much as I try and keep it in, a weak sob escapes my mouth followed by another, until I feel tears rolling down the side of my face and landing on my pillow.

I open my eyes, too scared of not being able to see what's going on. My dark room consumes me, making my mind go wild with thoughts. Wind blows through my windows making the curtains move and the street lamp projects the tree's branch movements and curtain movements onto the wall I'm facing. The door creeks open, my heart beats erratically, making me feel like its going to fly out my chest. The rhythm of my heart is clear in my ears as the silent room lets it take over.

A figure.

In the corner of my room is the outline of a figure. Uncontrollable tears run down my face.

"It's not real." I speak out loud, my voice wavering. Closing my eyes, I tuck myself further under the covers.

"Remember. It's your mind, you are in control of what your imagination does. There. Is. No. Figure." My heart beats slow down a little but even still, my mind won't let me believe I'm safe.

***

03:56 am.

Hours have passed, now I'm sat in the corner of my room, my knees to my chest and my eyes straight ahead as I stare into the darkness, rocking. I can't sleep, my mind won't let me.

***

05:03 am.

I crawled back under my covers, the thunder rumbles around me, echoing in my room. I would move and shut my window, but I'm scared to move.

***

06:57 am.

Heavy eye lids weigh me down. I make zombie like steps to the bathroom. Splashing my face to try and wake myself up. I brush my teeth and hair. I'm too tired to even think about the struggle of putting skinny jeans on right now, so I sloppily get changed into some black trackies, a white t-shirt that has black long sleeves and the words 'Lace Up' in red fancy letters on the front and then put my black and white converse on. After finishing my look with my FOB hoodie I grab the box of coco rocks and poor myself some, adding the milk then eating it.

Looking at my phone I see its 7:29, pulling my hood up I lazily grab my bag while lumbering my way out of my apartment and on my way to school.

My legs want to give up, but I keep pushing as I've only got a few minutes until I reach the school. A smile appears on my face because its daytime. Daytime means light which means no hiding and being jumpy because I can see everything.

I make it to school just in time. Weak legs just about giving up on holding me up. Stumbling through the corridor, I fight to keep my eyes open. I close them for a split second, before fear creeps in as I can't see anything and my eyes shoot open. I don't move in time and hit someone with my body.

Slowly tilting my head up, my heart beat picks up speed as I see none other than Xavier looking straight at me and I look straight into his dazzling blue eyes and I can see freckles lining his nose and cheeks. Feeling as though he can see straight through my hood I urge my feet to move around him and to my first lesson.

 Feeling as though he can see straight through my hood I urge my feet to move around him and to my first lesson

Song: The Neighbourhood- Afraid

-Abi