Figures

Feeling refreshed after a decent nice sleep, I jump out of my cosy bed and walk to the bathroom to get ready for a new day of hell.

I chuck on some ripped, blue jeans, a white converse top, my FOB hoodie and my black high top converse before grabbing an apple and exiting my apartment. Thank God its Friday, I can't last another few day at that school. It's been constant stares and questions.

Walking down the street, I watch as cars fly past and I listen to the occasional bird chirp. I quickly avert my eyes when I see a pigeon trying to get onto the other one. My feet scurrying along the pavement hoping to get away from that as fast as possible.

***

Digging my hands further into my pockets, I let my feet take me threw the crowd of students and towards my last lesson of the day: P.E.

Snatching my bag from my locker I stroll over to the changing rooms. I put on the usual sweatpants, a top, my hoodie and my shoes, before jogging out onto the field. Thankfully, it is colder today which means I'm not going to die of heat stroke.

"Everyone huddle round. Today we are going to be doing dodge ball. If you are out then go and sit over there." Mr Heclome points over to the side where there is a patch of grass that we wont use.

"Right. Xavier and Daniel come up here and take it in turns to chose your team." They both start picking people one by one and in the end it is only me who has not been chosen and it Xavier's turn which automatically means I go to his team. Just because I'm wearing a hood doesn't mean I can not dodge a ball, ignorant pigs.

***

It's just me, Xavier and Trevor against Daniel, a girl called Maxine. The girl throws two balls, fast. They smash into Trevor and Xavier somehow, they've got quick reflexes, must of caught them of guard.

Two against one. That seems unfair, on them.

Bending down the pick up the yellow, squishy ball, I notice another ball whirling it's way towards me. Speedily, snatching the yellow ball from the green grass I twist my body into the crab and then brings my legs up so the ball flies through my legs and onto the ground, while I place my feet steadily on the ground and bring my body up. Fortunately my hood stayed up at the pace I flipped.

I then look across to see that Daniel's team have no balls left. Picking up the other ball, seeing the position they are stood in through the corner of my eye. I waste no time in turning my body and forcing the balls to soar through the air as fast as it can go.

They hit both of them directly in the stomach , making both Daniel and Max to hold their stomach's.

Everyone's mouth widen in shock.

Clapping starts, then its followed by an deep voice. "Well done Xavier's team, nice throws Taylor. Now of you all go, get changed." Mr Heclome's voice announces.

I try and walk out of their without the boys chasing after me, but once again luck is not on my side.

"How on earth did you throw like that?" Dylan exclaims his hands moving around to add to his exclamation.

"Well, what you do is raise your arm, bring your arm back and with as much power you can muster, you throw. It's an amazing skill to know." Sarcasm in my voice.

"Ha ha ha." Dylan says toneless. I give him a quick smile before turning to Trevor as he speaks.

"That's bullshit and you know it. You don't just do a backflip and magically throw a ball perfectly. You've trained. In what, I don't know, but I'll find out." He gravelly says, before walking away to get changed leaving me with Dylan and Xavier.

"Ignore him, he acts tough, but in reality he's a big teddy bear. He's just not good with new people." Xavier explains to me.

"No kidding." I mumble, grumpily, while kicking my shoe through the strands of grass as we walk.

"Look. Trevor, he's had a tough life, everyone has troubles in life, some worse than others. Trevor's not had it easy, none of us have. There's a reason why he's like that. Just give him time to warm up to you, okay?" His gentle voice floats to my ears. He then picks up speed with Dylan close behind him, leaving me in the dust and for me to wonder what he meant.

They've all had problems. It's not just you.

***

Stomping my way up the stairs, I listen to the repetitive noise of the rumbles from above. I need a bath and some Lucifer.

I slouch onto the sofa, putting my feet at the other end and pulling my blanket over me while I tune into the show.

My eyes start to get droopy and soon enough I willingly let them shut, while it's still light.

***

A bang of thunder awakens me from my sleep. I rapidly sprint up and turn the light on when I notice it is dark outside. Glancing at the alarm clock the green numbers tell me it is 01:04 in the morning.

I trudge my way to my room, turning of and then rapidly turning on the lights. Flicking the lamp on that's next to my bed, I turn the light of. I stroll over to my window and start to close the curtains. However my plan to close them is cut short when I notice, there, stood in the shadows is the outline of a man stood next to the lamp post with his hood up, staring directly up at my window.

A shiver runs through me.

Thinking it is just my imagination, I squeeze my eyes shut, count to three then re-open them. My heart beat increases rapidly and my breathing becomes heavier as the figure doesn't do anything, but keeps staring at me. A second later the figure turns and walks down the street.

In seconds, my curtains are close and I'm in bed with the cover burying me and the light of as I squeeze my eyes shut.

My mind goes on overdrive as endless possibilities of who it was fly through my mind. Knowing I'm not going to sleep as my pills are over on the other side of my room and I'm too petrified to move, I let my mind wonder back to the possibilities, until one person makes a tear slip down my face.

Him.

Song: Chase Atlantic- Friends

-Abi