Lies

Time gap
——————————————————-

My movements slow, my eyes feel heavy. My reaction speeds are moderate. I had a few hours sleep last night because I woke up screaming from nightmares and memories.

"Yo." I learn my back onto the locker, lazily crossing my right foot over my other and then loosely crossing my arms over  my chest.

"Hey Tay." Xavier speaks friendly while closing his locker, making a slamming noise get mixed with the other noises of the teenagers.

It is my favourite part of the day.  Students flee to the exits, excited to go home and do whatever.

Xavier and I stroll out of the hallway and into the beautiful April weather.

I moved here in the middle of March. I had missed Xavier's birthday, in which he turned eighteen. I cant wait till I turn eighteen, I'll be an adult and I can move far away.

The birds chirped from the partly half grown green-leaved trees. The trees had started to re-grow their leaves in which makes us surrounded my the beautiful mixture of green. Car engines roared to life around us and then zoomed out of the busy car park.

I skipped over to the rest of the guys who were leaning on Xavier's blue, with two black racing stripes down the middle, 2020 Ford Mustang Shelby GT500 Mustang. Dylan and Trevor are both stood there, side by side leaning on the bonnet of the car.

Dylan has a happy, gleeful, carefree smile on as always and Trevor's usually moody self. Trevor's arms folded tightly over his chest, his eyes glaring at anyone who looks at him. Nice to see he's happy today.

"Hey." I rock on the balls of my feet. Xavier walks up next to me and swings his arm around my shoulder. "Dude, I know you're taller than me, no need to use me as a rest." I huff.

"I'll give you a lift home." Xavier asks while him and the guys walk to the doors. Xavier pulls the seat forward and leaves the gap free for me to climb through. I grab onto the soft leather seat, place my foot in the foot well and push myself into the back. Plonking myself onto the seat I trace my hand over the stitching, this thing is a beauty. Dylan gets in the same way I did but on the passenger side. Trevor and Xavier slide into the front of the car.

Xavier turns the key and the car rumbles to life. Most of the students stopped in their path and stared at the beast that is leaving the car park. An earth shattering rubble emitted from the car as we drive off.

Throughout the car journey we sang. All of us have smiles sementing to our faces. We have gotten close these past few months and I'm glad. Things had been quiet around, no notes, not even one signs that he's out: I let go it though and continued living like it didnt happen. I'm happy for once. I've not seen that guy again yet, but there was something familiar aout him, but I can't put my finger on it. It's bugged me ever I saw him, but I knew nothing about him, neither did the guys. Another thing that's happened over the last few months is that they have gotten used to me having my hood up all the time. I still don't know any of their problems, but then again they don't know mine.

"Here we are m'lady." Xavier says in a fake posh accent. He climbs out the car and holds the door open for me.

I place my fingers into the palm of Xaviers hand, and gently pull myslelf up out of the car, leaning onto the smooth leather seats on the way up.

"Thank you, kind sir." My smile still plastered on my face. "I'll see you guys on Monday." We wave at each other before they take of, all of them waving in a posh way, like the Queen does. Chuckling to myself, I make my way up the stairs to my apartment.

I let myself fall onto the black sofa. My back hits the black material. I drape my arm over the arm rest. My eyes start to fall close, but in milliseconds thy fly back open at the sound of my phone ringing. Lazily, I pull my phone out of my pocket of my jumper.

"Unknown." I mutter to myself as I look at my phone screen. I cautiously press the answer button, before placing it to my ear, slowly.

"You may have been in the orphanage, but do you really know what happened to your parents? You think they're dead; I know they're alive. You think you're an only child; I know you're not an only child. You think you're safe; I know you're not safe. Remember, he's always watching. Them times you saw someone standing there, did you know it was the person who tortured you, ruined your childhood?" The voice sounded unfamiliar. It was disguised by a voice thingy, which made this whole situation even more creepier.

"W-what? Who are you?" Asking my voice wavers, as I let everything he said sink in. Was my whole life basically a lie?

The line went dead, the patterned beeps emitted from the phone. I just sat there, my hand dropped from my ear and hit the sofa. It is like I am paralyzed.

Nothing. Empty. That's all I feel right now. Everything a lie?

A tear trails down my face as I think about everything. How can everything go from good to bad in the space of five minutes.

What's been a lie? What's been real?

Song: Grandson- Blood// water