Who?

Breathing heavy, vision turning blurry, lungs failing to work and my entire body shaking just at the thought of why this person is standing at my apartment door.

"Taylor, are you okay?" The brown haired middle aged man asks me, gently. He quickly places his arm around my waist, before taking me into the living room and sitting me onto the sofa, next to Dylan.

"Taylor remember what I said to do, breathe. In. Out. In. Out. Keep going." I follow his instructions, breathing in and out. My vision soon cleared although my cheeks are tear stained.

Once I had calmed down, I scan the room, catching all the worried faces of the boys and man kneeled in front of me.

"Okay." He starts as he sits down next to me. I pivot my body to face him and look him square in the eyes. "I have bad news."

Short, sharp gasps of air leave my mouth and I feel my head start to pound again at the lack of oxygen. Feeling a hand on my, leaving me in comfort, my breathing starts to return to normal. Following the hand that is keeping mine warm, I'm surprised to see it is Xavier.

I leave my hand there as it keeps me calm and protected, which seems weird as I hardly know him.

"W-what's wrong?" My shaky voice asks, scared of the answer.

"I don't know how to say this..." he pauses as he tries to think of a way to tell me. He takes a deep breath before continuing. "He escaped from prison. We don't know how just that he's gone. We don't know where, but we think he knows who you are." Sadness takes over his facial features.

"H-h... w-what? He's out? B-but that means he can come after me again." My heart beat increases, but I force it to calm down.

"Yes, someone saw him in the town over." He affirmed.

"Hey, you okay?" Xavier's worries voice breaks me out of my stare as I try and process what the man said.

"Y-yeah." I try and sound confident, but my voice fails me as it sounds vulnerable.

"Who are you?" Dylan inquires.

"Detective Pete Platwood. Who are you?" Confidence and power oozing of him.

"I'm Xavier, this is Dylan and Trevor." He replies, just as much confidence as Pete.

"So who is the next town over?" Trevor blurts our. Standing up and walking closer to me.

Pete looks at me for conformation, but I shake my head.

I can't tell them my biggest secret. I can't handle the questions, I can barely handle sleeping at night. If I tell them, they'll judge. I can't answer the questions they'll have. I can't handle thinking about it, never mind telling them my story. Or how my life was terrible, everything that happened to me. How I would and sometimes still cry myself to sleep or how I feel like I wasn't good enough or still aren't. I can't tell them what happened without breaking down, or how one wrong move now effects my whole life: my future.

I just can't.

Song: Trace Cyrus- Wasted on love

-Abi