What Thee...?

After a very long and exhausting few hours on the mildly busy road, I finally roll up to my apartment. The midnight black paints a canvas background over the sky, the fluffy little clouds, form together to create mountains in the sky, in front and behind each other, giving it the illusion you were really stood staring at mountains. The moon stood bright, perfectly round and illuminates a glow, which casts a peaceful glow behind the clouds, giving them more of a power.

The cool nights breeze whips around my body as I walk across the car park into my apartment building. Lazily dragging myself up the numerous flights of stairs, my timberland's make an echoing sound as I slam them down on the concrete stairs. Sluggishly, I move myself through my apartment, dropping the papers onto the floor, without watching them flutter down, I flop down onto my bed face first, letting my timberland covered feet dangle of the edge, ready for an unknown creature to grab in the shadowiness.

In a matter of seconds, the darkness smothers me.

***

My eyes have glued shut, from the sleep clogging in the creases of my eyes. I worked on unclasping my eyes, by rubbing the sleep away. My ears reach out to hear the light shuffling around outside of my bedroom door.

Without thinking, I drag my helpless body upwards and roll until I make a thud on the cold floor. As I groan in frustration, the bedroom door flies open. My unusually calm heartbeat, pattern in my chest.

"Taylor, what are you doing?" A very familiar voice screeches in my ears. I roll myself over onto my back to stare at the three well known faces.

"What. Do you want?" Tiredly firing it back. "Wait.. how did you get into my apartment?" I quickly stand up, crossing my arms over my chest and giving them a stern look.

"One. Your door was open." I had left it open, ready for any stranger to walk in, how could i of been so stupid,I think. "Two" he carries on. "Its almost one in the afternoon and you weren't in school, so we were worried n came over." Xavier finishes, staring directly at my nose.

"Oh," A sheepish smile fills my face. "Thanks for checking up on me." Grateful for their presence.

"Over with the boring things!" Dylan shoos away the 'boring' topic before saying his next words which catch everyone in a trance of wonder.

"How'd you get that blood and swollen nose?" Trevor grunted.

I run out of the room and towards the bathroom, I swung open the door and rush to stand in front of the clean mirror.

My nose is definitely swollen, more like another head growing on my nose.The blood I never got to clean yesterday as I had collapsed onto my bed from exhaustion. Throughout the night of sleeping I had smudged it over my face, smeared over my cheeks. Some of it had dried and cracked in the dents of pores.

"So are you going to tell us?" Xavier says seriously, poking his head around the door frame. "It looks like you've been in a fight." He finishes, raising one of his perfectly arched eyebrows.

I grab some tissue and soak it in water before taking a breath, I stroll out and sit down on the sofa, me facing the guys.

"I tripped up yesterday on the pavement," I say while dabbing the tissue over my nose and cheeks hoping for the swelling to go down and for the blood to leave my face. "And clearly by the state of my face, I'm going to guess you can tell it didn't end well, but I passed out as soon as my head touched my pillow." Lying straight through my teeth has become a natural thing considering all the fake lives I've had.

"Well are you alright?" Xavier asks concern floating in his voice. He hands me a wet towel which I kindly take, returning him with a 'Thank you'.

"Hey, Tay, you dropped these before." My eyes widen as i see hes got the papers I found last night in his hand.

Choking on my own saliva, I snatch them off him, ignoring the confused stares of the guys.

"They important?" Trevor perks up, still moody.

"Kind of.. yes." I say staring at them

After a while of awkward atmosphere, Xavier proposes to go round to his for a movie night. In which we all accept.

Song: Breezeblocks- Alt-j

Sorry this chapter is kinda rubbish, it's a fill in chapter