Why are you here?

BANG

I rapidly jump out of my bed, my hood still up, and gently walk to the front door. The bangs only becoming louder and louder. My heart beat increases and my hands become clammy, so I open my hand to try and cool them down.

I place my shaky hand over the door handle, before pulling it down and pulling it open, my body hidden behind the door. I go to hit someone with my fist, however something clamps around it, before it can hit it's victim.

"It's me, Xavier. Don't hurt me!" He holds his hands in front of his face, as protection and surrender.

I try and hold it in, but a burst of laughter rumbles up from my chest. Holding my stomach, I lean onto the wall, joyful tears rolling down my face.

"Yo-your face, oh my God, that was hilarious." I breathed, wiping away a few stray tears.

After composing myself and getting back onto the subject, a yawn escapes my mouth. "What are you guys doing here anyway?" A little bit of anger in my voice, honestly you show someone where you live and they'll be popping around 24/7.

"You left school early and we wanted to know if you were okay." Confessing, he strolls around  to the kitchen and pulls out a can of Pepsi, opens it, which results in crack and the a fizz, before he chugs it down, his muscles flexing in at his movement. You know the Coke advert where that fit guy opens the can, it's in slow motion and his arms flex and you have to stop yourself from drooling and he's just looking sexy as ever, yeah that's Xavier right now.

"Help yourself then." I roll my eyes as he puts his thumbs up at me, then Dylan and Trevor walk over and help themselves as well.

"Oh, please, anyone else want to help themselves to my supplies?" Sarcasm clear in my voice as I slam my door shut and plonk myself on the sofa. Closing my eyes for a second, they shoot back open when I feel someone pulling my feet up and my side of the sofa to lift up a bit.

Do they think they live here?

"So why did you come home, Sunshine?" Xavier questions, taking another sip of his drink, sitting beside me. Trevor and Dylan, sitting on the two chairs to my left.

"Because I needed to. And Sunshine?" I wonder, raising an eyebrow at him, even though he can't see it.

"Yes Sunshine, because you're always so lovely to speak to." A smile plastered on his perfectly sculpted face.

"Shame I can't call you lovely." I smile back at him, smugly. Another yawn escapes my mouth, making me look like a cute little puppy. I rest my head on Xavier's shoulder not caring at all about our previous talk. What surprises me most is that he doesn't say anything just smiles.

"So do we get to see what's under the hood?" Dylan asks, earning a slap on the head from Trevor which makes him groan.

"No." I growl at him, getting up and trudging back to my room. "Get out!" I yell from my retreating figure.

"She's got a nice ass." I hear Trevor try and whisper, I raise my right arm and give him my middle finger.

I stop in my tracks when I hear no movement. I spin on one foot to  face the room, only to see none of them moving, in fact there sat there laughing and joking like I haven't just told them to get out.

"Sorry, was I not speaking English? I said get out." Crossing my arms over my chest, I stand strongly, waiting for them to disperse through the door.

"Oh come on, we were only joking. We only wanted to know why you have the hood up." Trevor tries to level with me.

"No, you won't ever know what's under my hood. Never. So get out, now." Anger rising from deep within. My hands twitch from just thinking about it. I quickly close my hands, my finger nails digging into my smooth palm. An that's when I know they have to move: blood. Desperate blood forcing it's way out off my hand.

"Just go." Looking at the door as an indication for them to leave, I watch as the place their cans down and exit, slowly.

Why did I even think I could make friends? Who would even want to be friends with someone who keeps their hood up 24/7. Who has never had a proper friend or even a childhood. Who spent most of their time confined in a small place and who hallucinates in the darkness.

People only want to see what is under my hood... what I'm hiding from the world. Well, its not pretty. It's a reminder of when I wasn't strong, when I was weak and I was nothing more than dirt on the ground.

When one stupid decision cost me a normal life.

Song: Jaymes Young- Come back for me

-Abi