Paranoid

Sunday quickly passed by. Dylan, Xavier and Trevor left a couple of minutes later when I literally pushed them out of my apartment. Sunday I trained. Ever since I got free, I told myself to be stronger. And that's what I'm doing, it won't be as easy to catch me this time. No this time, he'll be the one running. Once I'm done with him, he'll wish he never came back for me.

Chaos fills the halls as teenagers excitedly run and walk over to there friends to catch up about what happened over the weekend.

My head hung low and my hands buried as deep as they can go into my pockets. I quickly swerve around pupils and up to my locker. Lazily opening my locker, I gather my books I need and make my way to my first lesson: history.

My eyes droop from the lack of sleep as I walk into my lesson. I wanted to sleep, but I couldn't bring myself to take my pills. He was here, I couldn't sleep. Soon enough the boys saunter in in all there glory. They plop down in the spaces around me. Xavier to my right, Trevor opposite to Xavier and Dylan in front of me.

Trevor and Dylan swivel round in there chair so that there sat the wrong way round, there arms crossed and resting on the back of the chair.

"Hey." Dylan starts the conversation, smiling as always. I lift my head up slightly from its previous position.

"Hi." I grumble out from my sheltering hood.

"How was your weekend?" Dylan continues.

"Fine." I appreciate his efforts but the awkward atmosphere at this moment was so strong, I'm nearly suffocating in it. Luckily the teacher walks in and tells us to be quite.

***

Lesson after lesson passes by until finally it's lunch. Dawdling to lunch, I let teenagers rush past me as they want to get their food first.

I lean into the lockers, not feeling like eating, I slide down, my bum making contact with the dirty-ish floor. My head automatically falls down and I take deep breaths in and out.

I'm safe here, I am. He won't get me in school, he won't take the risk.

"Yes, okay. We'll go. Bye." A familiar voice broke through my quietness, much sounding like Dylan. I look up and poke my head around the corner, only for my questions to answered when I see Dylan stood there, looking sketchy, putting his phone back into his pocket before turning on his foot and walking away from my direction, thankfully.

I push myself up from the floor, dust the dirt of my bum before wandering to the toilet.

Cupping the water into my hands, the warmth of it feels nice in my cold-ish hands. The water makes contact with my face, droplets run down my face before dripping of and making a splash sound when hitting the sink.

Under my hood, my eyes stay peacefully shut while I lift my head and open them. There I am, my hood covering half my face, a few droplets of water still clinging to my face, my lips peaking out from under, a constant sad picture painted on them.

"Well, well, well look who we have here?" rapidly spinning around, my hands clench up and my finger nails dig into the palm of my hand, not to hard, but not soft enough so that it doesn't hurt.

M eyes sneak a peak out from under my hood and I see three girls my age, all looking like Barbie, stood in a triangle. The one stood closest to me had platinum blonde hair, practically no cloths on they were that tight and small and her two minions behind her didn't look any better.

"Do I know you?" I rudely ask. The head of the group look a bit shocked at my rudeness, making me smirk.

"I'm Rachel. Now I'm warning you to stay away from Xavier, Dylan and Trevor. They are mine." She start of nice, but soon turns into a deadly snake, warning me to keep my distance away rom them.

A small heartless laugh escapes my mouth. You have girls like these in every school and honestly they fucking piss me off thinking there the queen.

"No." I simply say, leaning against the sink, my right foot crossed over my left.

"Excuse me? I said stay away, so stay away." Anger bubbles in her words. Her eyebrows scrunch up in anger.

"You may be used to everyone taking orders from you, but not me. So take your fucking orders and shove them up your ass." I take a step forward, my teeth grinding together and my finger nails digging in deeper.

"You'll regret this." She spins on her heel and takes of sauntering out of the toilet, her two followers following her, while I stand there and scoff.

"Of course I will." I mumble and chuckle. I release my hands and uncross my feet and walk out as well after taking some deep breaths.

***

"So are you guys busy tonight?" I question Dylan, Xavier and Trevor.

"Yes, we've got this thing we need to do." Xavier replies, not looking at me.

"What are you doing?" I press., waiting for the bell to ring to signal it's the end of school.

"Just got to do something for a friend." Xavier scratches the back of his head. The bell rings and Xavier, Dylan and Trevor leave me in the dust. I hadn't even stood up before they had ran away.

My feet continuously move forward while I scan m surroundings. A park to my right, a few children playing and mums standing around. To my right is the road and houses, grass patches in-between the road and the pavement. Cars zooming past, blowing my hair around.

***

Stepping into my bedroom, I walk over to my bed, pull out the old black shoe box and set it on my bed. I stand there staring at it for a few seconds before climbing onto my bed. Sitting cross legged, my feet under my legs, my knees sticking out.

Reminder. I need a reminder of why I hide, why I am the at I am. A reminder that one slip up could cost me everything: my safety, my friends, my happiness, my... life.

My hands reach forward, my mind preparing myself for what I'm about to see.  My hands grasp onto the lid. My breathing deep, heavy and fast. A salty taste reaches onto my dry lips, making my tongue dart out and lick my lips, my throat as dry as the Sahara . I rip the lid of, place it the side and let the tears raid my face.

 I rip the lid of, place it the side and let the tears raid my face

Song: Dreamers- Wolves

-Abi