reveals

"What are you guys doing here?" I question as they make there way into the kitchen, me trailing behind. They pull the fridge open, Xavier handing cans of Pepsi Max to everyone.

"Want one?" He asks holding can out for me. I take it off him and crack it open, the sound of cans being opened echoing around my kitchen. I chug down half the can before smacking it onto the kitchen top and turning to the guys who are currently sat on my sofas and chairs.

"Now, what are you guys dong here?" I stand in front of the TV, my arms crossed.

"Taylor, move!" Trevor speaks rudely. Whipping my head around to face him, his permanent scowl is still there.

"Speak to me like that again, and I'll show you what I can do." I am not in the mood for this bullshit.

"Move out of the fucking way." He challenges, not breaking eye contact.

"No." I speak calmly.

"Both of you chill out." Xavier speaks up. Trevor makes a grumble of a noise before obeying.

"Fine. I'm gonna go out and get some shopping as that was what my night was going to be. You can either come with me or not." Walking to the door, I slip on my converse and pull open my door. Hearing the guys footsteps, I leave the door open.

***

"God dammit Dylan, seriously? Put the brownie mixture back, we don't need it." I groan, dragging a hand down my face.

"Awe come on, pleaseeeee." Dylan drops to his knees, clamps his hands together in front of his face and pouts his bottom lip.

God he looks so adorable. my fingers reach down and pinch his cheeks, then I speak softly "Okay." I ruffle his brown hair, giving him a cheesy smile before strolling away to look for more food.

Trudging away, I call over my shoulder "You guys wait here, ill be back in a minute with more food."

"Nope... nope... no... gotcha." I exclaim when I finally see the beautiful, glimmering red packet of Skittles. I snatch then of off the shelf, before turning around and take step only to come to a halt when I bump into a chest.

"I'm sorry, got a bit distracted by the skittles." I laugh, embarrassed. Tilting my head up, I stare into the hazelnut eyes that I once looked into everyday, fixated on me. The same midnight black hair that I used to cling on to. But where have I seen that hair and the eyes and the guy stood in front of me with the same confused, questioning look on his face.

"It's okay, skittles are awesome. I used to steal them from the cupboard where I lived n eat them while I played games with my sister. Sorry, didn't mean to go into a story." He scratches the back of his head.

"No it's okay. I'm Taylor, it was nice meeting you, but I have to go, no doubt the guys would be filling the trolley with junk." I say walking backwards, a little bit of humour in my voice. As fast a cheetah I pivot my head tot he look at the guy, only to see a look of shock on his voice. Quickly waving at him, I turn and quick walk back to the guys.

"Guys! What are you doing?" I exclaim with wide eyes when I saw the amount of junk food they had put in the trolley while I was gone. They all stop what they are doing and look at me like a deer caught in the car lights. I meander my way through the people shopping and stand at the front of the trolley, giving the guys a glare, even though thy cant see it, I know they know I am because of the way they took a bug gulp.

"Five packets of Oreos. Seriously?" I joke.

"Oreos are awesome." Dylan shrugs. I shake my head with humour and just continue walking down the aisle. "Come on you meatheads."

***

"Thank you for helping me put the food away. Now fuck off." I say going from kind to rude in the flick of a button.

"I'll see you guys tomorrow at school, yeah?" They nod their heads in sync.

I rapidly run to the kitchen pickup the Oreos and bring them to the front door where the guys are congregated. "Here you are." I hand them a packet each. "Now goodbye." Waving my hand at them I listen to them saying bye back before shutting the door.

***

Hours, I've been sat here for hours. Thinking. Staring. The suns disappeared and the moon has appeared. The clouds gone but replaced with trillions of shimmering, different sized stars filling the sky like an artist fills a canvass.

Slowly standing up from my bed, I tenderly walk to the window and look up, mesmerised.

These very stars were the same ones which I looked up and prayed to for the years that I was trapped. I'd look through the gap in the wall and wish that someone would help me. That there was someone else was looking up at the very same stars and wishing for me to be safe, and saved.

But that's what I wondered, how did they find me? They said It was an anonymous tip, but why be anonymous? Was it someone I knew, or some stranger who heard my screams? I owe them my life. Twice I had been close to death and each time I'd been saved. Why can't I save myself for once?

Why I never gave up? There was always that bit of hope. Deep down I knew that someone could save me. Some would save me. But can I save myself this time?

 But can I save myself this time?

Song: Au/Ra- Panic room

-Abi