Mystery

I let myself sink into my comfy brown sofa, my mind becoming free from memories. He sits in front of me, my stomach forming knots like a pretzel. Sweat sweeps my palms, cascading a glistening form from the sunlight. Pools of chocolate stare into my blue swimming pools, my heart races as I wonder what he is going to tell me.

"I don't know where to begin, I don't want to hurt you." His words are soft and fragile.

"From the beginning." I say. Staring at his face.

"You were put in an orphanage at birth. I went to live with our parents sister. There was a fire at the orphanage when you were five," He takes a pause before continuing. "It was set on purpose, your whole life has been planned for you. Every detail."

"W-what is planned for me to be kidnapped?" Stuttering, my eyes start watering and I start to hood back my tears of fear. It coursed through my body as my mind weaved through my thoughts, my chest became tight as I await his answer.

Alistair takes a deep breathe, closing his eyes for what seems like years. "Yes, our parents said he could have you. They sold you to him. It was an experiment and you are the test subject."

My mouth gapes open as I take in this information. Shock. Is all I could feel.

"W-why would they do that to m-me?" I bite my lip as it quivers, pools of water form in my eyes, as it begins to blur Alistair's face. My body replicates a statue, my body frozen in spot.

"They work for a company that experiment of kids, and they put you forward. They sold you to a psycho, a man with severe issues. I only found out about you this year and your're a tough cookie to track down." He lets out a lighthearted chuckle. "It wasn't supposed to go this far. This man took a real love for you, he's more insane than they new. You have to be careful, Taylor."

I let my head fall down, brown locks falling like a curtain round my face. "Have you met them?" My sadness turns into rage as I seethe. "Do they have any idea what my life has been like? The suffering? The constant fear of him." My fists ball up as my breathing picks up. Wiping my tears I stand up. rapidly, making my head flip round. Pulling, down my hood I let him observe every inch of my scarred face. Scars, all different shapes and sizes litter my face, my body like a butchers cattle.

My legs automatically start moving to the door, opening I find Xavier, Dylan and Trevor, their faces whip around as they hear the door open. Eyes, scanning my face as my hood sits on my back. Solidly, I stare back at them , rage running ferociously. Without giving them a warning, I head out down the stairs.

The cool breeze hugs my body, storming down the street, as I think. My life was a whole experiment, I'm a lab rat for my parents. They let me have ten years of pain, suffering and for what?

Green strands dance in the wind, my feet softly cross the swarm of light green. A flood of colour appears to my sides. Roses waft up to my nose. Finding a bench, I sit down letting my worries wash out of me like a bubble bath.

Darkness covers the sky like a thick blanket.

A presence behind me makes the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I turn my head to see him. Brown hair, the unrecognisable crooked nose and the eyes that hold possession. I freeze in place as I stare into his eyes. My throat chokes up, my chest becomes tight and I wish i could move.

"Hello, darling." He chimed with satisfaction.

He's back, He's got me.

He leaps towards me, I scramble to get as far away as possible, I feel the wind smack my face, panic sets in. However I continue racing through the woods. A twig stands in my way of freedom as I trip- flinging my body down on the solid mud. Footsteps appear in my ears. Hands grab my ankle, I squirm around using my hands to try grip onto anything in sight. He turns me over, lifting a rock to my face.

WHACK.