Chapter 5

"Eren! Want to hear my theory?!" Hange chirpped on the doorway.

Eren paused and glanced at her before continuing on his task. It was the end of his shift and he was itching to go home and sleep until his mind was clear but when he was about to leave, Shorty was on his tail.

The little Omega planned on going home with him  but Eren strongly disagree. So, he made Shorty a bed since the smaller male won't be sleeping on that glass cylinder ever again. He could see Shorty eyes lighten up when the raven saw him preparing a bed, he willingly slid under the covers right after it was done.

Eren pulled covers until it reached on the raven's cheeks. He tucked him in and securely wrapped him like a cocoon. With this Shorty, would never dare to move. And it worked like magic, Shorty fell asleep right away.

"Awww! Perfect Alpha!"

"Hange, shhhh!" Eren snapped at her.

"Oh, sorry."

Eren just gave out a tired sigh and grabbed his messenger bag. "Well, I going now," he tapped her shoulder as he left the room.

"Wait! You really should listen to my theory!" Hange walked to his side and joined him. "I didn't tricked you about the whistle thing. That whistle was specialized to control a subject."

"Well, it didn't work that time." Eren groaned as he handed the whistle back to her.

"It work! But it only worked differently. It triggered his heat, plus, he's been following-"

"He chose me as his Alpha." Eren stated simply.

"He did. Remember when I told you about the subjects under this project had no dynamics? I think Shorty's dynamic awaken because he was close to you! A fated mate!"

"What?" Eren laughed. "Fated mates? What are we? Kindergarten?"

"I know that stuff was just legends but I'm gonna prove it!" Hange exclaimed as she blocked Eren's way to the exit.

"Okay, good luck with that!" Eren smiled at her and shook her hand.

"Thank you! I'll do my best!!" Hange took his offered hand and shook it with gusto. "Thank you for your hard work Eren! See you tomorrow."

****

"I'm home," Eren called, tiredness trialed on his voice. Finally, he reached home sweet home.

The Alpha dragged his feet to their small living room, dropping his bag on the coffee table before falling on the couch. Their apartment was not that big but it was better than the first one. It had two bedrooms both had their on bathroom, a small kitchen and a living room where they spend all their breakfast, lunch and dinner, since the spot of the suppose dinning table was replaced with an aquarium filled with fresh water fish.

"Welcome home," Mikasa came out of her room with a box on her arms. She frown when she saw her brother and asked. "Are you okay? Did your boss overworked you again?"

Eren was about to answer when he remembered that Mikasa doesn't know that he got fired.

"I resigned and Armin got me a new job," he said instead with a tired smile. It's not the truth but it's close.

"You work for the government now? What about your dream?" Mikasa asked as she placed the box on the coffee table and sat on the floor.

Mikasa knew how her brother wanted to work as a marine biologist, to travel the vast waters to study about marine life. Ever since Armin introduced him a book about marine life, Eren was dying to be a marine biologist.

"Mikasa, my top priority is you. That is my choice." Eren patted her head then Mikasa chuckled.

"That was my lines!" Mikasa playfully slapped his hand away. Those lines were exactly the same lines she said when Eren proceeded to college while she work.

"Yep, they are. By the way, what's with the box?" Eren pointed at the box. Mikasa sighed sadly but she managed to smile.

"Those are the dresses that mom bought for me."

"Oh," It's been years when their parents died. It was hard for both of them but they managed, however, there are things that are hard for them to throw away.

"I decided to burn them. Since I'm too big to even fit in those tiny dresses in the first place." Mikasa laughed at the memory when Carla tired to help her get out of the dress.

"Burn them?!"

"Yes, until you had an idea on what to do with it. I was thinking on giving it to Armin but you know that our Omega never took a liking on dresses."

Sitting up, Eren took one dress and examine it. It was an adult size but only for slim and short adults. Somehow, he could picture out the person that could wear it like a glove. "Wait, I know someone from my workplace. Can I give it to him?"

"Of course. Okay, I'll just heat up the our dinner. I'll just call you." Mikasa left him swiftly, her darks eyes lingered on the box for a few seconds before she shook her head and went to the kitchen.

Eren knew well that Mikasa was trying hard but the Alpha was happy to see his sister cope. They're both trying their best to move on.

***

It does fit like a glove. Shorty twirled around in front of him with a series of happy giggles. Eren could't help but smile, the dresses were indeed very beautiful and he was happy to see that the raven Omega loved each of it. The blue demin matched his stormy blue eyes as it sparkles with pure happiness as he twirled again.

Shorty could't contain his happiness. His Alpha gave him a gift and he can't believe that he got dresses! He felt sick everytime he wore a hospital grown, now his problem was solve, thanks to his Alpha.

"Awwww! So cute! Eren, that brand is expensive. How did you buy 20 of these in different designs?!" Hange drolled as she examine one of the dress.

"My mom bought it a long time ago. I remember that all of it were limited editiond of a certain collection. I could't imagine how she got her hands on them." The brunette chuckled. His mother a shopaholic, always buying things here and there.

Yes, the dresses were expensive. It was in fact "Levi's", plus they are all limited editions.

Eren was snapped out of his thoughts when Shorty hugged him all the sudden.

"Awww! Shorty is sooo cute!!!" Hange squealed.

Eren could hear Shorty growled at the nickname, he reminded himself to not use it just in case. The Omega did not let go of him after a few seconds, he simply clings to Eren like a geko.

With hesitance, Eren patted the raven back then his eye's caught sight of the brand tag on the inside collar of the dress.

"Levi." He unconsiously said it out loud.

Shorty pulled back and stared at Eren while he tilted his head on the side. After a few seconds, the Omega nodded at him with a smile.

"What? You like the name Levi?"

Shorty nodded in response.

"What?! You like 'Levi'?! I thought you loved the nickname I given you!" Hange whined.

Teeth bared, Shorty snarled at her.

"Then, Levi it is." Eren insisted while Hange pouted at the decision.

----

edited 02/04/21