Chapter 35

Hange's eyes widen at the screen. It simply showed the exterior of the facility on Rose. Annie mentioned that there were twelve mindless subject under the project. She was not wrong though, but seeing them worked on the wall with incredible speed made it looked like that there are three dozens of them.

"Ahhhh, they don't seem to destroy the gates." Riener's uncertain voice came from the radio.

"They are strengthening it." Hange finished.

"But why?" Annie asked as she scooted closer on the monitors. Those were normal subjects, even with their speed, they could be seen on cameras but the raven, Levi, was another story. Annie couldn't even trace the raven on the cameras. After Hange gave her a background check on the said raven, the blonde finally understood.

"Hange! We are here!" Eren's voice came from the radio, over sound of the propeller. Annie flinched and back away from the console.

"Excellent. Finally calmed down and used your earphones?" The pregnant beta teased.

"I'm sorry... I'm just..."

"I understand. Armin is with some of the backups and they are on their way. Bertholt is currently helping us accessing the security cameras on the facility."

"Thank you. We'll update you when we landed."

Hange stared at the monitors, until someone patted her shoulder. Looking back, she discovered it was Annie.

"Is.. Eren.."

"Yes." Hange turned back to the monitors. "You knew?"

"Grisha called him the experiment failure... But once... I heard him say his name when he was drunk."

"I think Eren was on his right mind then, that's why Grisha gave him the title. I studied his work and he was determined to make a mindless subject with the absence of the dynamics. I guess he failed." Hange shrugged, recalling the first time she saw Moblit. "We can't blame him though, that's what the government wanted before but now things are different."

Annie agreed and watched at the remaining mindless subjects work on the gates. She couldn't understand why they are doing that or why Levi wanted them to do that.

******

"This is not good." Moblit muttered as two subjects spotted them and cornered them.

"We have to fight! I need to find Levi!" Eren shouted but it was too late. Two more subjects came from behind, they hooked their arms on their arm pits and dragging them with great strength.

"What the-" Eren thrusted around.

"Wait, maybe they are taking us to Levi." Molbit reasoned as they were being dragged.

"That might be." Eren admitted. "Let's see then."

But the subjects didn't brought them to Levi, they didn't hurt them either. Instead, they simply open the gates and keep them out.

"Hey!" Eren shouted as he tried to climb the gates.

"They want us out?" Molbit questioned while he watched the subjects as they went back to work.

"Guys!" Armin came running towards them with Nanaba on his tails.

"Armin!"

"They kicked us out! It seems like they're prevent us from getting inside." The blonde Omega explained.

"But why?!"

Eren looked around, both Rose and Maria's military are on the guard around the facility, some people tried to get in yet automatically one or two subjects would stop them. Eren could feel the heaviness on his chest, as well as the pain on the bond. Levi needed him.