Chapter 8

Eren was gasping for air when he reached the underground lab. He ended up running to work half-way because of the heavy traffic. Hange contacted him twice during his run, informing him that Levi woke up and lashed out like a madman.

Every minute, Eren knew that the situation was getting worst and to be honest, he was scared but this time it was not the same fear that he felt for himself but for the other people, what happens if Hange was hurt? The Beta was pregnant, such stress could harm her health and the baby's. When a high pitched shriek echoed through the halls, it made the Alpha tremble.

Eren's fears turns to anger when he saw Levi. The poor Omega was chained on the table with a muzzle on his mouth and a blindfold on his eyes, there were still syringes sticking on his skin and it looked awful. Hange was there, her left sleeve was painted in red by her own blood but the wound was just a scratch. While the other scientist, which Eren never seen before, were trembling on the sides.

"Hange! Why are you doing this?!" He questioned. Levi might be the killing machine but the raven's also human that could listen and think like anyone else and they treated him like an animal.

Levi stopped thrusting around when he heard his Alpha's voice. His shrieks switched to a pained whine, making sure to send the message to his Alpha that he's hurt. Truth be told, he was not and he was just so annoyed for being chained again with the drugs that made him feel fuzzy.

"Hey! Eren! Well, a lot of things happened but now that you are here, everything will be under control!" Hange gave a nervous giggle before moving to remove the syringes on the raven's skin.

Eren didn't say a word and went to free Levi. The scientists gasped and tried to stop him.

"Stay away from that creature! He is dangerous!" They warned.

Eren ignored them and proceed to taking off all the chains. Hange gave him the key with a smug smile while she nodded on the scientists who were still pressed on the sides. They stared with awe when Eren took off all the shackles, the muzzle and the blindfold. They were all speechless when they saw the LRaven as he automatically clung to the Alpha.

And what's more? The Killing Machine was crying?!

Hange just rolled her eyes at the Omega's actions. He was clearly playing the victim in front of Eren. Though she knew it was the truth...

"What happened here?" Eren rubbed the raven's back.

"Well, okay, it was my fault. I didn't informed the boss about Levi's state. He came to visit here and well..... Levi.. he kind of... rip his arm off..."

"What?!" Eren pushed Levi on his shoulders so he could look at the Omega's eyes and those eyes spilled more tears. "Oh, no. Please, don't cry.. I know you had your reasons."

"Puppy..." Levi sobbed in response. "Poor puppy...."

"A puppy?" Eren glanced at the beta.

"When we're doing Levi's last test, our boss, Erwin, came and he wanted to test something. Instead of vicious animals, he placed a harmless puppy in front of Levi and ordered him to kill it. Levi was very hesitant but gave in after Erwin's booming orders, Levi did killed the puppy, right after that he went berserk and hurt everyone except me," Hange sighed at the memory. She could still remember that day, the day when she felt like a prey.

"Now that his dynamic was revealed, it explains his behavior. Omegas lived to care and bring life, his instincts to nurture and care kicked in that time," Hange continued.

"Wait! What?! His dynamic?!" The scientist with an ash-blonde hair dared to speak up. Hange recalled that her name was Rico.

"Yes, believe it or not this little guy is an Omega."

"That's impossible!" Rico paused when she heard a satisfied purr. Switching her gaze to Eren and Levi, her eyes widened. LRaven was being held in a bridal style with his face planted on the Alpha's neck and purring with content. "This is......"

"Levi already choose him as mate, we can't stop him now," Hange noted at her.

"But! We had orders!" Another scientist butt in. "We must lock him away until the commander recovers!"

"What?! Lock Levi? You know that Levi is human and an Omega! His rights are more stronger than yours!" Eren shouted at them. He couldn't blame Levi for what he did, that commander or the boss was a jerk for forcing him to kill a puppy.

"As much as we want to keep you two together, we can't. We are just doing our jobs, Mr?" Rico raised a brow at him.

"Eren. Eren Jeager. I am Hange's new assistant," he glared at the scientist before turned to the Beta. "Hange?"

"I'm afraid that there's nothing we can do..."

"What?!"

"Eren, they are just doing their jobs and so am I. And I think Levi needs some rest after a lot of things happened here."

"But! But....." Eren trailed off. Yes, Levi's dangerous but he deserved to live and be free as well as the other fighting machines in the underground lab. But what could he do? Levi did a pretty good damage to earn this. Eren just took a deep breath and looked down at Levi. "I think.... Hange's right.."

Levi's eyes widened at his Alpha's decision. He couldn't just let these people put him to sleep again.

"Levi, I know what you're thinking and that doesn't mean that I'll leave you. I'll be always there to check your breathing and heart rate. Everyday."

Levi lowered his head with disappointment. He thought that Alpha would defend him but he thought wrong. He nodded slowly.

Eren could hear the scientists gasp at their interaction. What do they think?! That Levi couldn't understand? Well, they're wrong!

"Is it okay if I'm the one that will make you sleep?" Eren asked when he saw Hange took a syringe. Levi just gave him a pained smile before lying down on the table again. Eren felt his heart bleed.

"I'm sorry, Levi." He took the syringe from Hange and injected it on the raven's pulse. He watched as Levi slowly drifted to sleep.

***

Eren came home depress with his hands full. He took back home the dresses that he gave to Levi. He surely going miss that little raven. He felt helpless, he knew that Levi was asking him for help but what did he do? He put him to sleep just like what those scientists did and he felt awful. It's like he's the one who took Levi's freedom. But what could he do? He needed money and work.

Setting down the box, Eren flopped on the couch. The silence in his apartment was ripped by the sound that came from the doorbell.

"Coming..." Eren said like a burden. Dragging his feet to the door, he opened the door and got knock out of his feet. He landed in his back, it was quite painful but the pain quickly disappeared when he saw the person who knocked him out and now was hugging him.

"Levi?!"

----

edited 03/06/21