Chapter 34

"I decided to cut this into two parts. So if you are not aware of that, please read the previous chapter (33) because I added some details there. Have a good day!"

----

"He hasn't come back!" Eren exclaimed, running his hands on his hair as he paced back and forth in the headquarters. He's been literally living there since Levi went out for his mission.

"Eren calm down." Armin tried to calm the stressed Alpha.

"It's been two days!"

"Easy Yeager," Mike said sternly. "Missions like these takes weeks even months to complete." As much as Mike wanted to pace like Eren, he decided to keep himself together. Yes, he wanted Levi to succeed, to give justice to his friend but he had no choice but to keep holding on. They lost communication with the raven and it turned the brunette Alpha into mush.

"But I have this feeling... Something's not right..." Eren frowned.

As if in que, Mike's phone rang on. The Alpha fished his phone and accepted the call. Both Armin and Eren waited silently until the call ended.

"We need to go." And they automatically left the room, following Mike's tail.

"What happened?" Armin huffed as he tried to match with the pace of the two Alpha.

"The assassin that killed Erwin is here." Mike growled.

"Levi caught them?" Eren asked, feeling the weight on his chest lessen only to make it worst when Mike's replied.

"No, she surrendered. She's with another guy."

"What?!"

*****

Armin sat in front of the subject who introduced herself as Annie with her comrade, Bertholt. Both Eren and Mike were on the corner near the door, glaring daggers at the two suspect.

Eren forced to be inside, reasoning that he had the right to know since they dealt with his mate. Mike on the other hand, insisted that Armin should interrogate because there might be a chance that he'll strangle the two.

Armin cleared his throat, ignoring the two angry Alphas behind him. "So, Annie, you are a subject. How did you become stable?"

Annie looked at Bertholt and lace their hands. "I found my mate."

"Just like Levi." Armin whispered. "What brings you here?"

"The monster you sent was in raged!" Bertholt shouted in fear.

With that Eren snapped, he went to the table with long strides and slammed his fist on it. "Levi is not a monster!"

They all flitched at the brunette's anger except for Annie who gasped in horror when she finally saw Eren closely. "You."

Annie stood from her seat and started backing away from the angry brunette.

Mike automatically fished his gun and aimed at her. "Stop right there."

"No! Don't hurt her!" Bertholt came into view, arms spread wide to protect his mate. "She's just afraid."

"Of what?!" Armin stood as he grew impatient.

"Of Grisha, he's our boss. And he-," he pointed at Eren. "-looked just like him."

Eren stood there, mouth open in shock. The moment the Bertholt said the name of his father, his brain blacked out. His father was alive?

"He's in Rose after all this time?!" Armin exclaimed. Whatever happened before, the blonde Omega couldn't think why did Grisha left his children here and went to Rose only to become a traitor.

"Wait," Eren stepped in and glanced at the blonde Omega. "You knew about my father?"

"Eren, let me explain." Armin held both hands up and bared his neck in submission. As much as possible he doesn't want the brunette's rage redirected to him.

"No," Eren stepped back. Processing all the information. Thinking way back, he decided to just fuck it. He barely even knew his father, since the old man was always at work. "I don't want to know. All I know that he's a bastard who left us and committed treason."

He turned to towards the two. "What did he do to Levi?!"

When Annie finally calmed down, she stepped out of the corner and face the brunette. "Grisha injected something on him and he went berserk."

"Levi..." Eren felt his chest was being stabbed. He doesn't care of his own father anymore, he'll kill him not only for leaving them but also for hurting his mate.

"You have to stop him! We tried to keep him in the establishment, he might kill everyone in Rose if he got out." Bertholt shouted, simply pleading for his family and friends in Rose.

"What actually happened?" Mike demanded.

"When Riener came back to Rose, to keep an eye on the facility with his chopper, he saw something, he reported that ... The raven managed to control the other subjects.

"What?!" The three said unision.

"It had something to do with the drug that Grisha injected him." Annie stepped in. "There are twelve mindless subject under the project. Riener reported that they are trying to destroy the gates."

"We evacuated everyone. But he is a monster! He's not the person you knew!" Bertholt warned. His entire being trembled as flashes of memory about the raven came rushing back to him.

Eren bit back a growl. He turned to Armin and Mike, he didn't need their permission. Levi needed him. Eren passed through them, and went straight to choppers.

The had no fucking idea why the people around started to flee when he entered the room but he didn't linger on it. The only person who didn't cower was Molbit, he was standing next to a chopper.

"I'll take you there," the man said.

*****

Armin forced to stay up right as the whole building shook at Eren's anger. Even when the Alpha was no longer in the room, his rage still hang on the air. Mike was struggling as well but the two newcomers we're on their knees.

Bertholt looked at Armin with fear. He thought he'll never encounter the in rage raven again but he was died wrong. "Oh god, they're the same!"

"I'll catch up with him." Armin said as he left Mike to handle the two inside.

He ran to the weapon room, instead of packing the standard weapons on his bag, he picked tranquilizer guns and stocked up will alot of tranquilizer.

"Molbit was with him."

Armin turned at the voice, he couldn't believe his eyes. It was Hange on her maternal clothes, leaning on the door frame with her arms crossed.

"Hange what are you doing here?!"

"Nope! I can't stand at home and do nothing. I'll help surveying the area in Rose with the satilites. Nanaba got your chopper ready." Hange didn't paused and let the blonde Omega take over. "We also informed the higher ups in Rose, and we sent out some help and they're on the way. They'll guard and keep the subjects in the base."

"You-"

"I was on the survilance room. I was listening. Now, go! Because Eren and Moblit needs all the help they can get."

Armin opened his mouth to stop the pregnant beta from participating on the mission but seeing how serious Hange now, he shut his mouth and nodded.

Hange watched as chopper after chopper left the based to help Rose. Armin waved down at her and Hange returned it.

"Be safe, everyone." She prayed. "Especially Eren, I hope you won't do anything stupid."

-----

edited 02/02/21