CHAPTER 2: The God of our Salvation

Josh shut is eyes and waited for the derision, but there was only silence. They must have all heard her. They had to have heard her tease him about still being a virgin. He slowly opened one eye, then the other. Nobody was looking at him, or interested in him in the least. Every other student's eyes were focused on Kaz. What Josh did not know was that those three words were the only words they had ever witnessed her ever speak in the one week she'd been in the school. She hung out by herself. She had no friends and she spoke to nobody. Josh's eyes slowly shifted to look at Kaz. Her eyes were focused on Macbeth, opened on her desk she was chewing away on gum.

'Morning class, Ms. Dominic Shaw strolled in. 'Hi Cassandra,' Ms. Shaw stopped at Kaz's chair.

Cassandra?

'You're settling in?' Ms. Shaw placed her hand on Kaz's shoulder.

Kaz nodded without looking up. She continued chewing her gum.

'Well I'm glad to have you in my classes Cassandra,' Ms. Shaw laughed softly. 'At least I'm spared the atrocious wolf whistles.'

Ms. Shaw was the youngest teacher in Kingman High School. She was very beautiful, with a pretty angular face. She had attractive long dark hair and a lovely personality.
Besides literature she was also the senior math teacher. Nobody knew her exact age, but everybody guessed she was around twenty two. She had been a student in Kingman High School. She went to university, majored in Math and Literature and returned to teach at KHS. The first day she took the math class, the students thought she got the answers out of a study guide. She was just too pretty to be teaching math. Yet when she put up the algebra formula on the board, and invited answers, nobody stepped up. She continued writing each step prompting the class, but it seemed they were more interested in her figure than the one on the board, that she eventually completed the entire equation without any participation from the class.

Ms. Shaw had promptly folded her arms, instructed the class to do the exercise from the page she quoted and sat down at her desk. From that day, Ms. Shaw got respect as the math teacher, but the wolf whistles did not stop. She really was beautiful who could blame the testosterone fuelled male students.

Ms. Shaw gave the class an exercise to do. The students were to write a page on the character of Lady Macbeth. She walked around checking on everybody as they worked. Josh peeped over at Kaz-Cassandra. Well, well she seemed to know her Macbeth, she was almost finished. Kaz must have felt him staring, her head swung his way.

'You need help Preacher Boy?' she sneered.

'My name is Joshua Mitchell.'

'I know who you are Preacher Boy.'

'Are you two done?' Ms. Shaw smiled.

'Yes, Ms. Shaw,' Josh answered.

Kaz did not respond.

'What about you, Cassandra?'

Kaz turned her book towards the teacher, but did not bother to answer.

Ms. Shaw picked up the book and read's Kaz' interpretation, Josh looked at the teacher. There was no expression on her face. When she finished, she returned the book to Kaz.

'Very nice, well done Cassandra,' she complimented.

'Josh,' Ms. Shaw called out. 'Please collect everybody's books and leave them on my table, thank you.'

'Thank you class, see you for math this afternoon. Remember you are writing a geometry test. Do not enter my class without your math sets,' she warned. Ms. Shaw packed her stuff away, ignoring the groans and snide remarks hurled at her.