CHAPTER 16

Ms. Shaw burst out laughing, as they entered the kitchen. 'That was random.'

'I know,' Kaz looked away, as she set placemats on the table. 'I did not want to ___think about him that way, but he has the kind of qualities I like in a guy.'

'I suppose Josh has attractive qualities,' Ms. Shaw smiled.'And I know he fancies you.'

'Well he's not said anything!'

'Really! I thought he may have asked to court you.'

Kaz shook her head, what she should have confessed is that she had not really given Josh a chance. She'd always kept him at arm's length.

'You're still young Kaz.. There's plenty of time,' Ms. Shaw spoke with the concern of a mother.

'I'm not in a hurry,' Kaz walked away to find Ms. Shaw's parents.

Ms. Shaw stared in Kaz's direction as she departed, feeling a growing protective stance towards Kaz. She did not want anybody hurting Kaz.

'Hey honey is Kaz okay?' Ryan drew Dominic into his arms.

'Hi, yes. She took the bus and was at church.'

'She could have come with you!'

'I know, I said so, but it seems she decided after we left.'

'Did she enjoy the service?' Ryan smiled.

Ms. Shaw inhaled. 'It seems she felt God's anointing in a very powerful way. That's what she was grappling with when we walked in,' Ms. Shaw whispered.

'Wow, that is amazing,' Ryan exclaimed.

'She's still resisting God's anointing that fell on her though.

'Give her time honey, in the meantime, we must continue to demonstrate God's love towards her. She needs it.

'I ___spoke to her about the adoption,' Ms. Shaw gripped Ryan's arms.

'Oh, I wanted to be there, when you did,' Ryan spoke disappointedly.

'Sorry, it just came out.'

'That's okay,' Ryan smiled consolingly.'At least Kaz knows now. How'd she take it?'

'She didn't reject the idea, but she wants time.'

'Give her space honey. Don't pressurize her. She's a young girl battling with a lot of conflicting emotions.'

'I just want to be there for her.'

'Give her time Dominic,' Ryan repeated. 'Put yourself in her shoes. It's a lot of adjusting for Kaz.'

'Thank you for being so supportive,' Dominic raised her toes to press a kiss to Ryan's lips.

'Ms. Shaw ___oh sorry,' Kaz turned her back to the embracing couple.

Dominic smiled and stepped away.

'Hey Kaz,' Ryan smiled.

'Um ___Ms. Shaw, apparently, your dad is tired and is resting. Your mum says, we should continue with lunch.'

'I hope you're hungry,' Ms. Shaw smiled. 'I know Ryan's starving.'

'Do I smell chicken pie?' Kaz patted her tummy.

Yes,' Ms. Shaw laughed. 'Have a seat.I'll serve you the biggest slice.'

'Hey!' Ryan complained. 'I thought I'm getting the biggest slice.'

'It's okay___I'm not hungry.' Kaz stood up and rushed to the door.

'Kaz!' Ms. Shaw ran after her.

'I was just teasing, Kaz,' Ryan spoke at the same moment as Ms. Shaw did.