Chapter 1

-Nivea's POV-

I wake up to the sound of Derek's light snores coming from behind me. I smile and quietly crawl out of the bed. I go downstairs to see Ana and Skate sitting in the kitchen drinking coffee.

"Morning lil ma." Skate says smiling wide at me. 

"Good morning Big boy. Morning mami." I say hugging them and kissing their cheeks. I love them to death.

I've been back in California for about a year and a half now. Been with Derek for that long too. Since I left New York none of has have talked to or heard from Lele and JJ. I haven't even heard from Felix, Jack or Madison either. 

By Twitter, and Instagram though they are all doing just fine in New York so that's cool.

I gave up the whole singing thing since I don't have my manager anymore. I'm still signed with Epitaph but they're looking for a new manager, and I haven't heard about one yet so I gave up. 

I decided that I would go back to school and also help Derek with tours. I still make music but I don't tell anyone about it nor do I record it. I never introduced my other songs about my depression and family. 

I still look back at the lyrics and stuff. It takes me back to the horrible pain I dealt with. It still tears me apart. 

"So what is the Ms. Vea doing today?" Ana asks.

"Not sure, haven't thought about it. Since class is out for the summer, I guess look for a job to pass the time." 

"But you already have a job. You organize tours for me babygirl." I hear Derek says. I turn to look at him.

"Good morning babe." I say. He kisses me. 

"No jobs for you babygirl. Your job is to be my baby." He says grabbing some coffee and sitting down. 

"I'm not five Derek. I have to do other stuff too. You aren't going on tour for like another year. I have to have some money to finish paying my last years worth of tuition." I say. 

"I'll pay that. It's no issue. You are not to worry about that. I love you babygirl, I do but I want you to just be my woman. Go shopping, clean the house you know the womanly things." He smiles.

I sigh, "Derek I love you so much I really do, but I'm going to get a job, part-time atleast. I'm tired of sitting at home all day. What am I supposed to fucking do? I've seen literally every fucking show on Hulu, and Netflix, I've watched almost every movie out in theaters right now, and shopping well I've damn near bought everything in all the stores twice. What the hell am I supposed to do? I mean this is getting boring and you can't expect me to sit at home 24/7 anymore." I say. 

He sighs next. "She's right. I can get her back on at the agency?" Ana suggests.

"No. No. NO! No fucking jobs. I don't want you working. I know what stress that shit puts on you. I know how people bully you, and I'm sorry, but I just want the best for you. Sorry for just fucking thinking about my girlfriend, I don't want to lose you...I've damn near lost you 3 times and I won't allow it anymore. I love you way too much to let that stress be put on you. If you want to do something come to the studio, maybe record a couple songs out of boredom or something." He says. 

"Derek. I'm going to be fine. I promise. I'm not that little innocent depressed girl. I need you to trust me." I say looking at him with soft eyes. 

"I know you aren't. I do trust you I just worry about you. I want to protect you until my last breath. Just like I have been since we were all teenagers. I'm sure Skate and Ana completely understand too." He says. 

"We do. But she's right Derek. She isn't who she was 2 years ago before New York and JJ. She has toughened up alot. Believe it or not our fragile flower isn't so fragile anymore." Skate says looking at him too. 

"Fine you can work, part time only and maybe go back to the agency where Ana can make sure that you can't be harmed." He says sighing. 

"Yay!" I say kissing him passionately.

"God I fucking love you babygirl you know that?" 

"Yes love I know that. I love you much more though." I say.