Chapter 9

Well after my panic attack JJ ended up showing up at Sammy's house only to pick a fight with Lele. Over what I have no clue but Sammy made them leave. Then Derek decided he wanted to try me. Again.

I swear this man has a death wish. "Derek this conversation is over. I will be by the house tomorrow to pick up my things. This is clearly not working. It's like one day we were the most amazing couple around, then next thing I know we are fucking breaking up." I say.

"You're breaking up with me?" He asks tears evident.

"Yeah I am. Until you can see that Lele and JJ are only here to break us up and get us back. You just don't understand from my side that I can't just forgive them because they were on my fucking mind, but two can play at this game Derek. It's not an official breakup, I just need a few days to myself. I love you D. I really do and I always will but you have some priorities to get straight." I say.

"Please Nivea don't do this, breaking up with me is going to crush me babygirl please I am begging you to not do this. I'll stop talking to them. I promise. They aren't worth losing the love of my life over." He says. That's all I really want.

"That's all I want babe. Someday I can forgive them, but right now I just can't. One day I will, and we can all be friends again, but for now I just can't. That shit takes time." I say. He kisses me passionately.

"Will you come home with me tonight?"

"Of course baby boy." I smile. 

"Good. I just want my Queen at home where she belongs. Come on let's go say bye to everyone." He says intertwining our fingers and walking towards the living room.

"Hey guys, Vea and I are headed home. We are exhausted. Thank you for having us over Sam. Love you guys." 

"No problem. Ya'll get home safe. I can bring your car by tomorrow Vea, if you'd like?" Sam says.

"Sure thanks love. I love you." I say hugging him. 

"Love you too sweetie." He says. Derek and I say bye to the rest then we head home.

Lele is sitting on the porch. Rage runs through me but I keep it locked away.

"If she asks for a place to stay send her to a hotel or something. I do not want her here Derek." I say before we get out of the car.

"Babe."

"Derek don't start with me." I warn. We walk to the porch.

"JJ and I broke up. We decided that it's best we are friends, and I need somewhere to stay for the night." She says as soon as we reach her.

I look at Derek. "You can stay in the guest room here." He says.

"You sure? I don't want to cause problems between you guys." She says looking at me.

"You can stay." I say sighing. I walk inside grabbing my overnight bag, and my car keys to my M2. 

"Babygirl, what are you doing?" D asks as I walk out to my car.

"I'm leaving again. You promised, but you don't have the heart do you. You're weak Derek. You love Lele too much." 

"Yeah she was my first love, but still I love you more. You're my life long love and you know that." 

"I might be, but you're not even over someone. Look JJ was mine too, he hurt me like Lele hurt you, with each other I might add, but you don't see me running off to call him and tell him to come back to Cali from New York because he's on my fucking mind. I love you nobody else, but it's very clear that you can't say the same. I'm sorry Derek but this is over, you can't have your cake and eat it too. That's not how it works." I say getting into the car.

I drive off leaving Derek in the driveway. Tears run down my face as I drive back over to Sammy's where I know everyone is. 

It hurts to know that Derek still loves her. I mean JJ will always have a special place in my heart no matter what, but he really hurt me, and Derek has too. I guess I just got too boring for him or something because he felt the need to reach out to the ex that hurt him most. That being said I guess I will just talk to Sammy about crashing here for a bit til I can buy my own place because JJ is keeping the condo.

I park in the driveway, and shut the car off. My chest hurts. I literally felt my heart break into a trillion pieces over and over again. I hold back the tears, grab my bag, and make my way to Sammy's door. 

Looks like he's here alone, because Skate's car is gone and so is Taylor's. My car and Sammy's 4 cars are all here. I knock on the door. 

A shirtless Sammy answers. His hair is disheveled and he is wiping sleep away from his eyes. He must of fallen asleep before the others even left.

"Kitty, what are you doing here?" He asks. Long story behind that nickname. 

"Derek and I broke up. He promised me that he would stop talking to Lele and JJ because I wasn't ready to forgive them yet. He said that they weren't losing me over, yet we go home, Lele is sitting on the porch crying. She said her and JJ decided to be friends, then she asked if she could stay there. Derek allowed it after making a promise. Then he finally admitted to me that he still loves her but he loves me more. I ended it because I can't do this, he can't have his cake and eat it too. Sammy help me. Please." I say tears pouring out for the millionth time within the last 48 hours.

"I'm here for you Kitty. Come inside." He says. I step inside. He closes the door behind me, takes my bag, then leads me upstairs. 

"Go on go change, get comfy and I will be in my room waiting for you. We can talk some more." He says. I nod. He goes to his room while I go to the bathroom to change. When I change I go to his room. 

There he sits in basketball shorts, and no shirt. I sit on his dresser in front of him.

"I wish things didn't have to be like this. I must have gotten boring or something, because he contacted his ex, the ex that hurt him so God damn bad. He said he still loves her but he loves me more. She's his first love, but I am his life long love. I told him, and I quote, 'I might be, but you're not even over someone. Look JJ was mine too, he hurt me like Lele hurt you, with each other I might add, but you don't see me running off to call him and tell him to come back to Cali from New York because he's on my fucking mind. I love you nobody else, but it's very clear that you can't say the same. I'm sorry Derek but this is over, you can't have your cake and eat it too. That's not how it works.' Then I came here." I say.

"Well you already know you have a home right here with me. Come on Kitty lay with me." He says.

I lay down next to him in his bed. He holds me close to him. 

"I love you best friend." Is the last thing I hear before drifting off to sleep.