Chapter 6

I get into my car then drive off to my condo. The condo I bought after I moved out awhile back when I began my music career. I told Derek that I got rid of the condo but that's my hiding place. He will never know if I sold it or not.

I know I lied about that so it seems like I could be living a double life, but truth is it was also in JJ's name so I couldn't sell it without his permission. I changed the locks on it so if he ever came back, he can't get inside. 

It's a bitch move, but I had a right. If he truly wants to stay here he will talk to me, however I won't talk to him so, and maybe he forgot about it.

I pull up to the car garage and park my car then go inside. My mind is going a million different directions today, due to this bullshit Derek decided to pull. It really hurts that he was talking to Lele and JJ because he was so hurt over what they did to us. 

He was so depressed for days afterwards. Even though we were together he was still hurting so what did I do? I stayed with him. I was there for him. 

I had caused a lot of hurt too, because I left but he was happy with Lele and I was happy with JJ. I mean looking back on it I still love JJ I always will, we have history together, but I have more with Derek and I love Derek more than anything in the world. 

JJ was my first love but Derek is my life long love and we both know it, because I am his. I just need some space at this point. Derek wants to be blind to the fact that they are here trying to get us back then fine. 

I don't want to let that happen, but I am going to let nature take its course with this one. I won't sit here and keep trying if he wants to be blind and stupid. Maybe I should go into the studio to record some music, that might relieve some stress for me right now.

Instead of getting to comfy I go back to the car and drive to the studio. I could write some more music, and record the stuff I have been writing for like a year now. My fans would absolutely love that. As I am driving my phone rings but I leave it be. 

When I get to the studio I check my phone to see who called me. Derek. Not surprised but I ignore and walk inside. I go straight to the top floor where the studio is. When I walk in I see Colby Olivella sitting there. 

I haven't spoken to him since well you know. 

"Colby Olivella." I say. He looks up from his computer.

"Nivea Williams to what do I owe the pleasure?" He asks friendly. 

"I'm just here to record some music. Derek and I are fighting and I really need to blow off some steam the safest way I know how." 

"Well it's open. Let me know when you're done so I can lock it up." He says.

"I'm going to be here for awhile." I say.

"Me too. I live here. Like I stay in one of the apartments on the third floor, but I like it up here. My girlfriend is having a girls night with her friends so I sit up here." He says looking back at his computer.

"That's fair. What do you do?" I ask.

"Read, write, watch movies. Chill." 

"Sing a song with me?" I ask. I know Colby and I fell off awhile ago like 2 or 3 years ago, but I forgave him. Maybe we can be friends because ya know if Derek wants to play that game then I can too.

"I don't sing." 

"Colby James Olivella I know you so much better than you think I do. We talked and were together for like what a year or something. Come on sing with me. Your voice is beautiful and honestly I need someone to sing this song with me anyways. It's a duet." 

"Fine. Just one song." He sighs.

"Okay!" I say as we walk into the room. I sit in front of the mic and we begin recording.

When we finish up we listen to it to make sure it sounds good.

"That sounds amazing. Are you going to make another album?" Colby asks.

"Yeah I am. I don't have a manager currently because the one I had is now living in New York City where he is from. Epitaph hasn't found any managers yet so I have been managing my time with organizing tours for Derek, and going back to school as well as modeling full time." I say.

"You have come so far. I remember when your first two albums came out. You sold so many copies, and I even bought 2 of each. I love your music Nivea, and for what it's worth I'm sorry for ever hurting you the way I did. I was a young dumb naive little fuckboy. I saw greatness in you, and I was afraid of holding you back from it, so I left. I know you have had many questions about this because I have had the answers the whole time. I listened to your first album over and over again. I know at least half of those songs were about me, and I know a few were about Derek and Lele. As well as JJ." He says looking at me.

I sigh. "I appreciate your apology and I accept it. Music helped me channel my pain, and honestly I really need you at this time. I know we fell off a few years back but I still want you to atleast be my friend Colby." 

"I would love to be your friend. I'd give anything to be back in your life. So tell me, why are you and Derek fighting?" He asks.

I begin to explain the whole situation, from day one. 

"Well I am an ex of yours so I could help you get back at him? Two people can play this game Vea." 

"I'm down."