Don't Worry About Me

~*~

The next morning, the sun peered in through the windows, causing the dark room to quickly be shrouded in light. Ashleigh's eyes slowly fluttered open, the light hitting them, making them shine a golden brown. She blinked and slowly pushed herself to sit up, trying to gather yesterdays events. As she pushed herself off of the bed, a sharp pain erupted in her shoulder, causing her to groan as her head tilted to the forgotten wound from yesterday. The red stained fabric of her t-shirt still stuck to her pale skin.

She lifted her hand, running her fingers through her hair as she slowly stood up, looking around the room. She was alone, Dean must have headed out to grab breakfast or something. This case was over after all, for now at least. She grumbled lightly to herself before heading into the bathroom to get a shower to wash away the blood and sweat from yesterday.

After stripping and practically having to peel her clothes from her body, she stepped under the water. A gentle, relaxed sigh escaped her chapped lips as the warm water cascaded down her aching body, soaking her hair in steaming wamrth. As she began scrubbing herself clean, she couldn't stop her thoughts from clouding her mind.

"Mason! Come on, where are you brat?!" Ashleigh yelled out, she was about ten years old. Having to babysit her eight year old brother was a hassle. He was always a trouble maker and seemed to always try to get her in trouble but you know how younger siblings can be. The girl walked throughout the house, her parents would be back any minute and she had managed to lose her brother. Her eyes locked on the back door, seeing it was partially cracked open.

"You've got to be kidding me.." She huffed in frustration before grabbing her thin jacket off the kitchen chair and hurrying out of the door. Her eyes scanned the open back yard, staring at the treeline into the forest behind their house. She could have swore she saw a man standing in the shadows watching her. Were his eyes... Black? She was forced out of her thoughts as she was grabbed from behind. She screamed out in protest, swinging around to find her brother staring at her with a mischievous grin.

"Gotcha! You should have seen your face!" He laughed out as she scowled before she blinked, turning towards the forest to see the man was gone. She must have imagined it. Shaking her head clear, she pushed her brother with a smile across her lips "get inside before mom and dad come home and ground us both" the color drained from face and he hurried inside, Ashleigh following closely behind. Her eyes lingered on the shadows for a few seconds before she locked the back door tightly and closed the curtains, their parents opening the front door soon after with soft smiles.

Ashleigh looked up at her parents as they greeted Mason. Her mother soon entered the kitchen and disapeared from sight as her father locked eyes with his daughter. He stared at her for a moment before his eyebrows furrowed "What's wrong princess?" Ashleigh shook her head softly, tucking her hair behind her ears "nothing daddy. I'm fine"

Ashleigh snapped out of her memories as she heard the door to the motel open. Her head turned towards the door of the bathroom, her hands reaching down and turning off the water. She quietly stepped out, wrapping her towel firmly around her as she grabbed the silver knife from the back pocket of her jeans. She could hear movement just beyond the door. Figuring it was probably Dean, she slowly began to open the bathroom door after getting dressed in clean clothes. But you can never be too careful being a hunter. You have to always stay on your toes and expect the worst.

Once the door was open, she stepped out, sighing in relief as she saw Dean sitting at the table. His eyes lifted to meet hers as he swallowed the bite he had just taken of the bacon, egg and cheese biscuit. A smirk quickly found its way to his lips as he stared at the knife in her hand "Is that any way to treat someone who brought you food?" She smiles, rolling her eyes as she tucked the knife into her back pocket "Sorry, you can never be too careful you know?" Ashleigh headed over to him, taking a seat at the table as she began unwrapping the biscuit and quickly taking a bite. She couldn't help but notice Dean's eyes still on her.

She wiped her mouth with her thumb as she looked up at him "What is it? Is there something on my face?" She smiled calmly before Dean spoke, causing her smile to fade as soon as it had appeared "I wanted to talk about what happened yesterday" her eyes quickly darted away from his as she cleared her throat "Do we have to?" Dean didn't move as he spoke "Your brother... Mason, thats who that was yesterday right?" The woman vecame silent, turning her head away from him as she rolled her bottom lip between her teeth.

Dean leaned back in his chair as he looked at the brunette in front of him, she sighed and shook her head before metting his gaze "Listen, I appreciate you worrying about me, but I would really rather not talk about this right now alright?" Dean held up his hands in defense "Alright, alright, I'll leave it alone for now okay? We'll talk about it later." The hazel eyed girl sighed softly as the two finished breakfast in silence.

~*~

After breakfast, the two packed up their things, neither saying much of anything to the other as they loaded up the impala. Dean climbed into the drivers seat, Ashleigh sitting into the passengers seat soon after. Her ears perked up to the sound of the Chevy starting up, closing her eyes with a small smile as the two headed off to get back to the bunker

Finally, after two hours, the brunette woman turned her head towards the off green eyed hunter, her words sounding unsure. "So... I've been wanting to ask. What is Sam? Is he human or what?" Dean stiffened, side-eyeing the woman, his voice gruff "He's human. Don't worry about it." He snapped. Ashleigh bit onto her bottom lip as she turned away "Sorry, I didn't mean to pry" Dean glanced over at the woman, his eyes softening before he turned his attention back to the road.

"Its alright Ash." He sighed quietly, his hands gripping to the steering wheel "Lets just say, I did what I had to, to save his life." The woman nodded curtly, chewing on the inside of her cheek "I understand, family is everything after all" the man looked towards her, his eyebrows furrowed as his eyes studied her.

~*~

The next morning, they arrived at the bunker, Dean pulled the Chevy impala into the garage and put it into park as Ashleigh climbed out. She grabbed her things and began loading them up into her vehicle. Dean raised an eyebrow at her as Sam walked out to greet the two, stopping short as he saw the woman loading up her car.

"Wait... Are you leaving?" Sam asked, his voice sounding hurt. She looked up at him with a small smile before she stepped over and hugged the giant man, her head barely reaching his chest "I'm sure we'll cross paths again Sammy. I really need to get going and get back on track." Sam clenched his jaw at the nickname before he smiled, hugging her back and brushing her hair against her back. "Be safe out there Ashleigh, keep in touch okay? And dont hesitate to call" she nodded softly as she stepped away from him, turning her attention to Dean, his green eyes locked on her.

Once she turned towards him, he averted his gaze as she stepped closer, hugging onto him lightly "Thanks Dean, for everything" The hunter tensed at her touch before he wrapped his strong arms around her, hugging her tightly "please stay safe Ash. Call if you need anything." His voice was softer than usual, almost like he was begging for her not to leave. She lifted her head to look at him as she hesitantly broke the hug with a faint blush on her cheeks, nodding her head. The woman then pulled out her keys and climbed into her car and looked back at the two men she had slowly allowed into her heart "Don't worry, ee'll meet up again soon" she winked with a soft smile as she pulled out of the bunkers garage, rolling down her windows and blasting her music.

Carry on my wayward son

There'll be peace when you are done

Lay your weary head to rest

Don't you cry no more

I'll be back before they know it

~*~

A/N: Hey guys! Good news, I've been working on chapters in advance so I will hopefully stick with updating every Monday (unless something happens obviously). I hope everyone has been doing well and thank you guys for reading my story this far. Anyway... What do you all think about Ashleigh leaving the boys? I'd love to hear your predictions!